U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2019, 08:49 PM

485 posts, read 655,134 times

Advertisements

Anyone unhappy with the air quality in the area, particularly in the summer months?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 03:58 PM

501 posts, read 394,693 times
For the freshest air - Do I wish I lived right next to the pacific ocean or in the parts of the bay area that really benefit from the predominantly westerly winds? Yes of course.

But I'm not unhappy with the air here in Sacramento for the most part. The periods of time last year when we suffered from the camp fire smoke and before that the fires up in Redding really put things in perspective. We get the odd spare the air day here but it's usually pretty okay. During the summer it might build up for a few days but then we'll get the sweet relief of the delta breeze to blow things out and freshen things up.

The spring can actually be the worst for most people here as the north winds blow up and all the pollens go into the air causing many of us to suffer a month or two of bad allergies.

Air quality wouldn't be a factor in my reasons not to move to Sacramento.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:05 PM

470 posts, read 638,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecsdude View Post
Anyone unhappy with the air quality in the area, particularly in the summer months?
Air quality is one of the reasons we're looking at moving. This year has been surprisingly clear compared to the last 20 years at least. Usually fire and smog choke the valley in the summer, last summer was horrible with the Camp fire. My daughter and I both have asthma. I wouldn't move here if I had asthma.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:51 PM

114 posts, read 82,889 times
Air quality here is top ten worst in the nation, per the American Lung Asoc.

Old 10-27-2019, 05:19 PM

940 posts, read 926,717 times
Same here I want to move to a cheaper city and state outside of Commiefornia.

Old 10-29-2019, 07:09 PM

351 posts, read 384,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
Same here I want to move to a cheaper city and state outside of Commiefornia.
Make sure you weigh in at every possible time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or