U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 05:32 PM

924 posts, read 918,465 times

Advertisements

I don't consider midtown, downtown, curtis park,land park or east sac exactly upscale places with homeless tent cities everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2019, 05:55 PM

5,239 posts, read 5,560,564 times
By that standard, I guess La Jolla and downtown San Diego are no longer upscale; arguably parts of San Diego are dumps. I do agree I don’t like having tent cities willy-nilly in Sacramento or anywhere in California. Oh, and there is the tents in Seattle and Portland, too.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:09 PM

For San Diego, Rancho Santa Fe and Del Mar to me are upscale, not downtown San Diego.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:54 AM

4 posts, read 1,598 times
What I have seen as I watch homes the foothills, Amador County, parts of Sacramento County, Placer County for a possible retirement move out of the Bay Area is that asking prices of homes in the 400k - 650k range are being lowered 15k to 30k and more.

As mentioned some of it is seasonal and due to homes being priced at the top when listed.
I have been watching since summer 2018. But I do see many nice homes in my 400k - 650k range in these less than urban areas that have been in my Saved Homes list for 120 days or more. That may be typical in areas I am looking in. I've only my 1 year of observation to go on. It's not the norm where I live now.

I am surprised how many of the homes I have saved have NOT sold. Of course many have. They were priced well and were nice homes. But there are many I saved say 6 months ago that have had listings run out and I see re-listed.

Last edited by jamesly; 10-01-2019 at 11:06 AM..

Old 10-01-2019, 03:06 PM

470 posts, read 635,565 times
I can only speak for my area near the Sac/ Placer line. September was a strong month. The homes that sold in my zip code sold on average for 99% of the original asking price. A home right around the corner from me just sold in 9 days for full asking price. Two homes down the street from me sold earlier this summer in a matter of days. A neighbor real estate agent said home prices are staying strong, and he's seeing an uptick in activity. If interest rates stay low expect prices to stay strong.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:47 PM

1,636 posts, read 1,459,479 times
The housing market functions as a bit of pyramid scam. At the low end, entry level buyers often have little money for down payments and no equity, so at this point of the economic cycle a lot are being priced out. Move up buyers often have substantial equity and can jump around a lot more easily. Eventually as the low end of the market shuts down, the move up market will slow down too, but the process can have some lags. When the next recession occurs housing will get a lot more affordable.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:23 PM

33 posts, read 25,297 times
-Also,millions of homeless will soon be in Oregon,with new ,moving to Lane County,city of Eugene,Springfield,and other areas of Oregon;the coastal areas,some of the smaller towns,or on the outskirts of.The Oregon legislature and the governor knows that millions of homeless will be staying ,coming,to Oregon,and they support them here.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:36 PM

35,214 posts, read 16,268,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Dallas000 View Post
-Also,millions of homeless will soon be in Oregon,with new ,moving to Lane County,city of Eugene,Springfield,and other areas of Oregon;the coastal areas,some of the smaller towns,or on the outskirts of.The Oregon legislature and the governor knows that millions of homeless will be staying ,coming,to Oregon,and they support them here.
millions huh? Are you aware that nationwide there are only around 553,000 homeless?

Old 10-06-2019, 06:20 AM

39 posts, read 75,807 times
Thanks for the info.

I noticed that many of the homes for sale now are vacant. Those homes have all just had $20k drops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesly View Post
What I have seen as I watch homes the foothills, Amador County, parts of Sacramento County, Placer County for a possible retirement move out of the Bay Area is that asking prices of homes in the 400k - 650k range are being lowered 15k to 30k and more.

As mentioned some of it is seasonal and due to homes being priced at the top when listed.
I have been watching since summer 2018. But I do see many nice homes in my 400k - 650k range in these less than urban areas that have been in my Saved Homes list for 120 days or more. That may be typical in areas I am looking in. I've only my 1 year of observation to go on. It's not the norm where I live now.

I am surprised how many of the homes I have saved have NOT sold. Of course many have. They were priced well and were nice homes. But there are many I saved say 6 months ago that have had listings run out and I see re-listed.

Old 10-06-2019, 07:16 PM

I am not seeing prices dropping in the Sacramento area that are safe places to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or