U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 01:03 AM

3,817 posts, read 2,966,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay West View Post
This is flat out ridiculous. Not only is there no physical separation of the neighborhoods, but some of the nicest streets are in Central Oak Park. For example 11th Ave and 33rd is in fantastic shape whereas 4th ave and San Jose is still sketchy. Unfortunately many posters here don’t even know the area and form their opinions without facts. As if the label ‘north oak park’ automatically made an area better than central oak park. Pure nonsense.
You've picked two exceptions to the rule as if this is somehow validates your odd world view. Both of those neighborhoods are the exception, not the norm for their respective locals. 4TH and San Jose has a large multi unit housing complex in the area, which creates a sketchy atmosphere. 11th and 33rd is like a stretch of a half dozen or so houses that have been rehabbed. Once you go north towards 19th or south towards 12th it is sketchy again.

That is like trying to argue the old north land park and meadowview were the same quality. "The housing projects used to be in north land park, meanwhile check out this awesome block in meadow view!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2019, 04:50 PM

137 posts, read 163,136 times
Quote:
Once you go north towards 19th or south towards 12th it is sketchy again.
Except it’s not sketchy all. But it’s funny that you’ve been reduced to arguing that central oak park is sketchy for a 2 block distance. Let me guess, you haven’t actually been around that area either?

And it’s not ‘my’ worldview. It’s basic facts and numbers that are so mainstream even major news outlets report on them. Here’s one from ABC just last week:

https://www.abc10.com/mobile/video/n...2-3bd3a35be6a6

Sorry you missed out on all the $$$ to be made. Maybe try investing in beachfront property in Florida?

Old 12-25-2019, 08:21 AM

924 posts, read 918,465 times
I am considering new construction as well to avoid dealing with lame flakey agents.

Old 12-25-2019, 03:50 PM

3,817 posts, read 2,966,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay West View Post
Except it’s not sketchy all. But it’s funny that you’ve been reduced to arguing that central oak park is sketchy for a 2 block distance. Let me guess, you haven’t actually been around that area either?

And it’s not ‘my’ worldview. It’s basic facts and numbers that are so mainstream even major news outlets report on them. Here’s one from ABC just last week:

https://www.abc10.com/mobile/video/n...2-3bd3a35be6a6

Sorry you missed out on all the $$$ to be made. Maybe try investing in beachfront property in Florida?
A fluff piece, with all the footage of *you guessed it* north Oak Park. Interesting there is no footage of the rest of the neighborhood.

Per the story: Median Home price Oak park 2012: $ 62,000 Median Price Oak Park 2019: 260,000

LOL Stop pretending Oak Park is upscale. Yes, we all know Oak Park gentrified and there were profits to be made. But that is only because Oak Park was so cheap that houses were practically free. Now the median price is about the same as North Highlands. And that is only because North Oak Park is propping the median up with higher prices.

As for money. I made more than that, by simply showing up to work everyday for the last several years. Only poor people think that is a big$$$ profit. And like I said, the average home appreciation for a median home in Gold River, Granite Bay, East Roseville, Folsom, El Dorado Hills, or any other basic upper middle class area during that time, is higher than the entire median value of Oak Park.

Crazy story. "The more you know". Sorry, you might be the prince of Oak Park and all, but no one who has a professional white collar job is impressed.

Old 12-26-2019, 01:21 PM

1,291 posts, read 744,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
I am considering new construction as well to avoid dealing with lame flakey agents.
There are reasons to consider new construction but also consider newer homes. A lot of expensive items are already taken care of. Window coverings, backyard landscaping and patios, light fixtures, some may have remodeled kitchens and baths. New construction, excluding custom homes, use builder grade materials. It's all uphill and money from there.

Old 12-26-2019, 09:21 PM

137 posts, read 163,136 times
Quote:
As for money. I made more than that, by simply showing up to work everyday for the last several years. Only poor people think that is a big$$$ profit. And like I said, the average home appreciation for a median home in Gold River, Granite Bay, East Roseville, Folsom, El Dorado Hills, or any other basic upper middle class area during that time, is higher than the entire median value of Oak Park.

Crazy story. "The more you know". Sorry, you might be the prince of Oak Park and all, but no one who has a professional white collar job is impressed.
Boy, where to even begin. That excerpt is so cringeworthy I almost feel bad addressing it. Comparing investments to labor demonstrates financial illiteracy. Moreover using those generic figures quoted, that’s saying that leveraging $6k-12k to make $200k over 7 years on a revenue generating asset isn’t a big profit. The kindest way I can describe that is also financial illiteracy. And who uses the term white collar as a form of bragging since about 1960? The psychology of that conjures up a non credentialed lower level paper pusher, probably for a governmental agency.

Contrary to the projections in that above quote, I don’t brag on anonymous forums and never have. My role for being here is to help posters like OP with good information about areas I invest in. I’m not here making 1000s of ego stroking posts including on Christmas. Just don’t have that kind of spare time.

For the last time, please stop posting false information here. It’s fine that you hate everything under the sun about Sacramento. But that’s not what most of these threads are actually about.

Old 12-27-2019, 12:48 PM

1,636 posts, read 1,459,479 times
If you have good information I am willing to hear it. But if its just going to be more trolling, without any substance what is the point? We all see through this game.

Old 01-03-2020, 06:59 AM

Wheel barrows of cash needed unless the 2020-2021 market drops.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:58 PM

6,244 posts, read 3,734,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
That is why I rent now in midtown- I hate long a$$ commutes and half the office commutes from Elk Grove to downtown, ugh that must suck unless you come in at 5am and leave at 2pm. Other folks live in Roseville, Folsom and Natomas.
Yeah but you have to deal with the homeless and gang bangers blasting rap music

Old 01-07-2020, 07:59 AM

Not to many issues there fortunately as my neighbors for the most part are quiet, older and considerate. Issues are dealt with by management. BUT the high rents are not good and lot of homeless people here. For what I pay to rent, I can buy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or