Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2019, 12:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,545 times

Advertisements

I moved to Arden almost 1 year ago, and my contract is almost due (FINALLY). Living here has been an absolute nightmare, but I chose this apartment mainly due to the location (close to: 80/50, the mall, good amount of stores, next to a bus stop, go to the light rail with ease, and it being next to the trail for biking!), it being gated and the reviews were solid (almost 5 stars, when everything else was 3 stars tops).

However, I have absolutely regretted moving in here. I should have looked at the area, but I was living too far to just come visit over night and just see the place for my self. Now that my lease is almost up, and still not really having a good idea of where the safe places are, I found this forum and decided to make a post for help!

I currently work in Midtown, so I'd like to stay as close as I can to the 50, but would prefer to stay away from downtown due to not being a fan of city living due to the parking situation. That said, I am open to Midtown if they have a garage and reserved parking! I've been eyeing Rancho Cordova south of the 50, but also looking in places such as pocket and north natomas, due the crime map showing them as relatively safer places of Sac.

Things I liked about my current apartment:
1. It's close to 50/business 80. 10 minutes either way and i'm on 50 or business 80!
2. Relatively close to different types of stores. Safeway, Target, Marshalls, and Costco.
3. Gated (although it didn't keep anyone out, I felt much better having a gated community)
4. <5 minute walk to a bus stop, that goes to the light rail
5. Easy access to the American River Trail!

Things I hated:
1. Crime (drug deals, couples fighting/yelling in public ways, cars being broken into, attempted home break in, constant visits by police in the complex, people hanging around public walk ways/parking lot well into the night)
2. Disrespectful neighbors (I once had a lady throw my clothes out of the wash even though it JUST finished the cycle)
3. Parties that go on well into the night, but no action is taken to stop them. Police visits help, but management doesn't do anything
4. Right off the main street. Getting home (when driving) sucks if there's traffic, and there's no alternative route since it's right along the river.

Requirements for new place!:
1. Assigned parking is a must! I have work trips from time to time, and usually that means I come home well into the night. I don't want to spend 10+ minutes trying to find parking...
2. 1 Bed, 1 Bath
3. Preferably under $1200-1300
4. Safe neighborhood, one that my GF and I can walk/run/bike during the night time after work/dark and not feel scared

Nice to have(s):
1. Gated community: Kind of a requirement, as I want my girlfriend to be able to walk around at night in the complex without me worrying about her getting followed/attacked. At our current place, some guy followed her around in the complex and ran off once the guy saw someone else.
2. Washer/dryer in the unit
3. Relatively easy access to public transportation: Kind of a requirement, but not stringent.

Does anyone know of any apartments that could fit my criteria?

Places I've looked at so far:
1. Zinfandel Apartments in Rancho Cordova
2. Chesapeake Commons in Rancho Cordova
3. The Confluence in La Riviera
4. Quail Pointe Apartments in La Riviera
5. The Palms in Arden
6. Fountains at Point West in Arden
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2019, 04:01 PM

1,231 posts, read 1,660,835 times
How about checking into the Pocket/Greenhaven area? Here are some apartment communities for your consideration:

1. Esplanade/Sixty 58 Townhomes, 6058 Riverside Boulevard
2. Davenport, 941 43rd Avenue
3. Vue at the Lake, 407 Florin Road
4. Riverstone Apartments, 7459 Rush River Drive
5. Avondale Apartments, 7134 Gloria Drive

Old 11-22-2019, 11:49 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,148,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacLiving View Post
I moved to Arden almost 1 year ago, and my contract is almost due (FINALLY). Living here has been an absolute nightmare, but I chose this apartment mainly due to the location (close to: 80/50, the mall, good amount of stores, next to a bus stop, go to the light rail with ease, and it being next to the trail for biking!), it being gated and the reviews were solid (almost 5 stars, when everything else was 3 stars tops).

However, I have absolutely regretted moving in here. I should have looked at the area, but I was living too far to just come visit over night and just see the place for my self. Now that my lease is almost up, and still not really having a good idea of where the safe places are, I found this forum and decided to make a post for help!

I currently work in Midtown, so I'd like to stay as close as I can to the 50, but would prefer to stay away from downtown due to not being a fan of city living due to the parking situation. That said, I am open to Midtown if they have a garage and reserved parking! I've been eyeing Rancho Cordova south of the 50, but also looking in places such as pocket and north natomas, due the crime map showing them as relatively safer places of Sac.

Things I liked about my current apartment:
1. It's close to 50/business 80. 10 minutes either way and i'm on 50 or business 80!
2. Relatively close to different types of stores. Safeway, Target, Marshalls, and Costco.
3. Gated (although it didn't keep anyone out, I felt much better having a gated community)
4. <5 minute walk to a bus stop, that goes to the light rail
5. Easy access to the American River Trail!

Things I hated:
1. Crime (drug deals, couples fighting/yelling in public ways, cars being broken into, attempted home break in, constant visits by police in the complex, people hanging around public walk ways/parking lot well into the night)
2. Disrespectful neighbors (I once had a lady throw my clothes out of the wash even though it JUST finished the cycle)
3. Parties that go on well into the night, but no action is taken to stop them. Police visits help, but management doesn't do anything
4. Right off the main street. Getting home (when driving) sucks if there's traffic, and there's no alternative route since it's right along the river.

Requirements for new place!:
1. Assigned parking is a must! I have work trips from time to time, and usually that means I come home well into the night. I don't want to spend 10+ minutes trying to find parking...
2. 1 Bed, 1 Bath
3. Preferably under $1200-1300
4. Safe neighborhood, one that my GF and I can walk/run/bike during the night time after work/dark and not feel scared

Nice to have(s):
1. Gated community: Kind of a requirement, as I want my girlfriend to be able to walk around at night in the complex without me worrying about her getting followed/attacked. At our current place, some guy followed her around in the complex and ran off once the guy saw someone else.
2. Washer/dryer in the unit
3. Relatively easy access to public transportation: Kind of a requirement, but not stringent.

Does anyone know of any apartments that could fit my criteria?

Places I've looked at so far:
1. Zinfandel Apartments in Rancho Cordova
2. Chesapeake Commons in Rancho Cordova
3. The Confluence in La Riviera
4. Quail Pointe Apartments in La Riviera
5. The Palms in Arden
6. Fountains at Point West in Arden
I'd look at Cobble Oaks, Gold River
Oak Brook Apartments in Rancho Cordova.
BDX at Capital Village also in Rancho (they're pricey though)

Old 12-09-2019, 08:10 PM

914 posts, read 642,407 times
It doesn't surprise me about the Arden Apartment. Gangs own Arden and most of El Camino.

There are two great little known places over on Sierra College Blvd. I have a friend who lives over there. It's a long street that has two churches, two condo communities, and one or more apartment complexes. It's not too far from you and it's an easy drive to midtown right down the street. Better yet, the street is pretty safe by comparison.

See them here:

https://www.montecitovillasapts.com/...sacramento-ca/

...and look at some place in the Woodside Condo Community. They're individually owned but half are rentals.

Good luck!

Old 12-14-2019, 02:55 AM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,910 times
Just live downtown/midtown and be done with it. You can still swing a studio or a room on an off beat street in the central city for that price. Or up your budget more closer to 1500 and you will find more options.

Most 1 bedrooms in the central under 1500 I have found to be less than optimal. Either too small, too nasty, or near a freeway, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento