U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 12:00 AM

929 posts, read 920,151 times

Advertisements

I have yet to meet a good one yet! Most of the ones here that I have met and known are beyond lazy and don't want to do any real work. Now if one actually cut me a deal and was a superb negotiator and found me hidden gems on the market then yeah I would buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2020, 01:11 PM

301 posts, read 73,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
@DaneThornberg,

Agreed and correct. I had a recent injury that put my house search on hold until my broken foot heals. Of the agents that I dealt with, most of them sent me the same crappy listings for the most part that I can pull up online. None offered this rebate discount program that Elliot_CA mentioned. How do we find an RE firm that actually provides this rebate? Are there any in Sacramento county even?
Many banks, such as my own offer "rebates" if I take one of their RE Agents. Redfin also offers a rebate if you take one of their agents. I bet Sierra Financial has a deal that if you go through financing with them, they'll cut you some deal. Be your own negotiator and ask around. I've found Sierra and USAA and Redfin eager to assist. Naturally my budget will be lower if rates increase.

Old 03-19-2020, 07:41 PM

With the FED cutting rates to ZERO I would expect mortage rates to follow and drop as well but not sure if that will be the case.

Old 03-20-2020, 02:03 PM

5,093 posts, read 8,230,185 times
Quote:
@caligirlz, I work downtown Sacramento. Budget under 500k, less the better. No HOA, no Mello Roos aka "mello screw-u".
I don't need a huge yard or pool. I want a nice big open updated kitchen and master bathroom. Vaulted ceilings. 2000 square foot size about right.
Good luck, it’s going to be difficult to find something like that. Used to have to go to the far flung suburbs for prices <$500k.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:32 PM

We shall see as unemployment rises and layoffs begin with the pandemic. Anything can happen.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:50 PM

1,769 posts, read 523,187 times
Quote:
@caligirlz, I work downtown Sacramento. Budget under 500k, less the better. No HOA, no Mello Roos aka "mello screw-u".
I don't need a huge yard or pool. I want a nice big open updated kitchen and master bathroom. Vaulted ceilings. 2000 square foot size about right.

Why would I give you part of my commission when i am busy? Being MLS is banning pocket listing starting in May, every agent can find same thing that is on MLS and yes same thing that you can find. Honestly you are not hiring person to give you listing anymore, you're hiring them for negotiation skills. Often 1% agents do not do as much work as those that get paid 6%(3%) if they are not dual agent. Basically what you pay is what you get. With that being said, buyer do not pay commission , it's all paid by the seller.

Old 03-24-2020, 09:33 AM

@looker009, that is not correct. Buyer ends up paying higher price on the purchase price as the agent needs to make that 3% commission and wants higher cost to get bigger commission check. If I bought from FBO, I can negotiate market price and avoid that 3% cut.

Old 03-24-2020, 12:45 PM

1,769 posts, read 523,187 times
Quote:
@looker009, that is not correct. Buyer ends up paying higher price on the purchase price as the agent needs to make that 3% commission and wants higher cost to get bigger commission check. If I bought from FBO, I can negotiate market price and avoid that 3% cut.
Not directly, buyer is still is paying market price

Old 03-25-2020, 12:59 AM

that remains to be seen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or