Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 897 times

Advertisements

Houses seem priced a little high, and from what I can find the lots are small (I found 50'x100' listed as the largest lot size? So 5000 sq ft lots for houses 2500-3200 sq ft?), and schools in that area are what they are (low rated high school) but new construction in East Sacramento is tempting.

Any other thoughts? Anyone familiar with Tim Lewis and the quality of their construction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2020, 02:18 PM

478 posts, read 690,907 times
starting to sound like the bay area lol. squeeze more homes in a plan, give them smaller lots so they can build more homes in general to get more money. and doesnt matter now if its good or bad school districts because they will be sold no matter what.

Is it these homes you are talking about?
https://sutterparkliving.com/classics-residence-three/

i looked over them. nice plans and homes from the drawings. but wow alot starting in the 1 millions? and as you said low rated schools and smaller lots? yep sounds like the bay area

Old 01-12-2020, 03:05 PM

1,447 posts, read 1,569,001 times
@Moddedintegra56 yeah it is bad time to buy as costs too high for most folks. Bubble territory or rich bay area transplants or foreign money?

Old 01-12-2020, 09:58 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,149,078 times
Overpriced considering the price per square foot, lot size, and public school performance. However the elevations look more appealing than a lot of new construction. There are Tim Lewis homes where I live built about 13 years ago and they look pretty nice inside and out.

Old 01-12-2020, 10:39 PM

True and average salary of Sacramento does not support these real estate prices.

Old 01-13-2020, 02:37 PM

590 posts, read 931,689 times
I'm sure the residents in the surrounding neighbors are happy about these home prices. 1500sqft homes in "The Gardens" section starting in mid $700,000's?

Old 01-13-2020, 07:00 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,997,648 times
They are expensive, but people will pay a lot more to have a brand new home. What I have noticed in these developments is that the garages and driveways are so small that so many people end up parking on the street. My clients ended up moving farther out of town to get a bigger house with a bigger yard for a lower price.

Old 01-13-2020, 11:16 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,149,078 times
True NinaN. My wife and I have an itch to buy a new home on occasion and we visit the various model homes. However a turn off is the placement of the third garage space. Currently, we have a three car garage home with one of the garages turned to the side. It gives the appearance of being part of the living space of the home. But so many new homes have the tandem style garage which makes the third garage space of limited use. Plus the interiors lack archways, curved walls etc just 4 walls with a lot of expensive, upgraded materials thrown into the model homes to mask the blah architecture. The other downside is the small size of the single story plans. I guess most buyers want two story homes.

Old 01-14-2020, 12:33 AM

590 posts, read 931,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
True NinaN. My wife and I have an itch to buy a new home on occasion and we visit the various model homes. However a turn off is the placement of the third garage space. Currently, we have a three car garage home with one of the garages turned to the side. It gives the appearance of being part of the living space of the home. But so many new homes have the tandem style garage which makes the third garage space of limited use. Plus the interiors lack archways, curved walls etc just 4 walls with a lot of expensive, upgraded materials thrown into the model homes to mask the blah architecture. The other downside is the small size of the single story plans. I guess most buyers want two story homes.
I must say, I'm perfectly happy living in my 42yo, 1500 sqft, single story home on .25 acre. I have a huge driveway, virtually no one in the neighborhood parks on the street, we can't reach out and touch the neighbors house, and best of all we have equity, a lot of equity. Something these new Sutter Park home owners won't have for a very long time.

Old 01-14-2020, 08:00 AM

But older homes are maintenance nightmares!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento