U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 11:32 AM

501 posts, read 392,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Here's some really good news!

Sacramento has the lowest coronavirus infection rate of any large U.S. metro area
There definitely appears to be a weather component to this as well. But yay for us. Hopefully we can not rush everything back too soon and sustain our curve flattening until we have appropriate nation wide protocols to deal with this thing indefinitely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 03:54 PM

35,155 posts, read 16,237,227 times
Sacramento & Yolo set to open businesses

Quote:
Sacramento and Yolo officials say they expect to be among the next set of California counties to be allowed to reopen part of their economies under new coronavirus-control standards announced Monday by Gov. Gavin Newsom.

Newsom’s public health officials previously said counties could not reopen restaurants, stores, offices and other venues unless they have gone two weeks without a death from COVID-19.

On Monday, however, that requirement disappeared from the state’s online list of criteria. At a noon briefing, Newsom and his health agency secretary, Dr. Mark Ghaly, said they have modified the reopening requirements to focus more on counties’ abilities to maintain control of the spread of the virus, especially in group homes.
https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavi...42818731.html?

Old 05-18-2020, 08:58 PM

921 posts, read 917,321 times
I have yet to see one Covid patient anyplace. I have spent a lot of time in doctor offices for a past injury quite a bit and they have been EMPTY except for the imaging lab that was busy recently.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:48 AM

501 posts, read 392,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
I have yet to see one Covid patient anyplace. I have spent a lot of time in doctor offices for a past injury quite a bit and they have been EMPTY except for the imaging lab that was busy recently.
If you are going to the doctor for a reason other than COVID I would hope that you would not see any COVID patients. COVID patients are being isolated. Testing occurs at specific testing locations. They are not just wandering about looking for a GP.

I think Sac does have pretty low numbers of COVID. Lets keep it that way!

Old 06-06-2020, 11:42 AM

179 posts, read 23,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Go to Target about 10-15 minutes before they open, there will be a line but not usually too long. Unless they changed their policy they were restocking every night, when we went they had TP, paper towels, lysol wipes and spray disinfectant
I took your advice. I scored a jumbo 8-pack of Cottonelle, so I am good for now. Should last me a while.

Unbelievably, here it is almost 3 months later and my local grocery stores are still depleted of all but the crappiest TP each time I go, of which they only have a few. Since scoring the Cottonelle, I am not going at the crack of dawn to see if they have re-stocked. I am just noting to see if stocks are coming back. And they are NOT. It is mind-numbing that TP manufacturers are still swamped and cannot keep up with demand now, almost 3 full months later.

Civilization is indeed fragile.

Meanwhile, all the brands of TP I like still say "product unavailable" on Amazon.

Amazing.

Old 06-06-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS_15 View Post
I'm curious... do people seriously believe that this virus is not real? Or that it just isn't as deadly as is being reported? What is causing people to take this point of view? I'm genuinely baffled. Like do people think that this is all just made up for some unapparent reason so that someone or some entity is gaining something from the situation?
I think the virus is real, but it is only particularly dangerous to the elderly with co-morbidities (which is very common in the US elderly). Under 40 years old, it is nothing but a weak flu bug. You cough and sniffle 2 weeks and then you are back up and around.

Once we learned this, after a month or so, everything should have been re-opened with a focus on protecting the elderly who are at risk. Everybody else should have been allowed to do their thing. The mental and financial damange that has been wrought on huge numbers of Americans has been just criminal, some of it will be permanent damage.

Our leaders really botched this thing.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:38 PM

18,431 posts, read 16,956,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I think the virus is real, but it is only particularly dangerous to the elderly with co-morbidities.... Under 40 years old, it is nothing but a weak flu bug. You cough and sniffle 2 weeks and then you are back up and around.
Please read up on some younger people who've had COVID-19. Here's a case of a 33 year old who certainly didn't just cough and sniffle: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/14/o...ng-people.html

And over 45% of Americans are at greater risk of getting this virus, because of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, respiratory disease (which includes asthma), hypertension, cancer, or obesity.

Old 06-07-2020, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Please read up on some younger people who've had COVID-19. Here's a case of a 33 year old who certainly didn't just cough and sniffle: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/14/o...ng-people.html

And over 45% of Americans are at greater risk of getting this virus, because of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, respiratory disease (which includes asthma), hypertension, cancer, or obesity.

Old 06-07-2020, 07:59 AM

18,431 posts, read 16,956,018 times
^^
Deaths in hospitals in England through April?

And I was contesting your statement that "Under 40 years old, it is nothing but a weak flu bug. You cough and sniffle 2 weeks and then you are back up and around."

Old 06-07-2020, 08:09 AM

35,155 posts, read 16,237,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I took your advice. I scored a jumbo 8-pack of Cottonelle, so I am good for now. Should last me a while.

Unbelievably, here it is almost 3 months later and my local grocery stores are still depleted of all but the crappiest TP each time I go, of which they only have a few. Since scoring the Cottonelle, I am not going at the crack of dawn to see if they have re-stocked. I am just noting to see if stocks are coming back. And they are NOT. It is mind-numbing that TP manufacturers are still swamped and cannot keep up with demand now, almost 3 full months later.

Civilization is indeed fragile.

Meanwhile, all the brands of TP I like still say "product unavailable" on Amazon.

Amazing.
I'm glad you were able to find it there. It appears that a lot of stores are only selling their own store branded TP, I'm pretty sure it's because those yield the largest profit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or