Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 12:08 AM

300 posts, read 147,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
Lucky state workers outside of technology like the difficult neighbor downstairs are getting FREE PAID vacations to stay home.
I'm an IT person here working from home solid for 9 hours minus lunch break (I sneak a run in mid morning). But you're right. Many of these are IT people who got in on nepotism. They have NO CLUE on how to connect remotely and many contribute nothing outside of filling a slot while getting paid the higher IT worker salary. I guess we both digress from the original topic, lol.

Now, Back to corona virus, today's announcement from work was they expect us to be working from home until April the 10th which is the Friday before Easter. What does your agency say? I listened to the governor's speech yesterday and he said we're nowhere close to lifting the working from home (WFH) order. My agency has already decided we'll be WFH next week as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2020, 12:19 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,545,628 times
@DaneThorneberg,

Cool same here but I actually work harder at home and get more stuff done. I had a remote IT job in the private sector so I know how to focus on projects. My boss appreciates my efforts. Non IT state workers have it made they get a FREE PAID vacation so yeah a bit envious especially when all they do is watch tv.

Good to hear on what projected date state workers will be asked to come back into offices. I had not heard anything from the agency where I work at in terms of that. But I am happy to work remote for few more months no complaints.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:40 AM

6,877 posts, read 8,177,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Geezus..the Covid tracking is legit, and even if they weren't it doesn't change what I said. It's too bad that when Trump shut off travel with China he failed to start doing testing huh? I guess he didn't want anything to get in the way of his claim that we had 15 people with the virus and soon it would be zero.
President Trump did not make that claim. Spin doctors at work.

Good thing President Trump increased Pandemic funding to the CDC well before this crisis.

Antivirals:
With the help of the NIH, and for over month, the University of Nebraska has been conducting clinical trails using the anti-viral drug Remdesivir, it is one of the fastest clinical trails ever to come to fruition, taking only weeks versus what normally takes years.

The Bay Area's Gilead Sciences, the maker of Remdesivir has been rapidly producing Remdesivir so multiple clinical trails throughout American, Asia and Europe can be done simultaneously. The US Army is also testing Remdesivir.

The anti-malaria drug Chloroquine and related drugs is being testing as a treatment as well in China and the US.

Antibodies:
Regeneron is putting together a cocktail of antibodies for testing.

Scripps Research in San Diego is sending their enormous catalogue of existing drugs with anti-viral compounds to labs around the world.

Inovio in San Diego is testing a vaccine, that they designed within 3 hours once they were given the genetic sequence that China provided. Clinical trails have already begun.

Moderna in Boston is also working on a vaccine, they are working with the NIH where they have began clinical trails last week in Seattle.

Old 03-27-2020, 12:51 AM

6,385 posts, read 4,762,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Yes and the people who went through the hassle of doing it ahead of time like responsible citizens are again defecated on. We wasted our time and money and wont be compensated for it.
Jeez, what a drama queen! What does your husband think about this?

Old 03-27-2020, 07:51 AM

26,593 posts, read 26,478,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Actually its a claim that Dr. Brix and Dr. Fauci made.
Sleepy's correct.

No, the US has not tested more people in 8 days than South Korea did in 8 weeks
President Trump made the claim, but the U.S. isn't there yet. Here are the numbers:

https://www.livescience.com/coronavi...uth-korea.html

Quote:
Your source "voluntary analysts and journalist"s" -- not to be trusted. There are no real honest journalists anymore, they are spin doctors overwhelmingly biased with political agendas to support.
Could not disagree more. Just check your sources.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:29 AM

42,745 posts, read 25,916,011 times
Quote:
President Trump did not make that claim. Spin doctors at work.
Actually he did make that claim:
Quote:
Feb. 26: “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” — Trump at a press conference. https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/tr...e-coronavirus/
Quote:
Good thing President Trump increased Pandemic funding to the CDC well before this crisis.
Are you sure of that?

Quote:
Russ Vought, the acting director of the White House Office of Management and Budget, on Tuesday doubled down on proposed cuts to health services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), despite the coronavirus outbreak.

Vought came under intense questioning from Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-Pa.) at a hearing about President Trump’s 2021 budget request. It proposed cutting Health and Human Services funding by $9.5 billion, including a 15 percent cut of $1.2 billion to the CDC and a $35 million decrease to the Infectious Diseases Rapid Response Reserve Fund's annual contribution. https://thehill.com/policy/finance/4...virus-outbreak

Old 03-27-2020, 01:43 PM

42,745 posts, read 25,916,011 times
Update from the County

March 27, 2020 Update
Quote:
In the last two days, there has been an increase of 51 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Sacramento County. As of March 27, at 11a.m., there is a total of 164 confirmed COVID-19 cases, and those who have died of complications of COVID-19 is 6 (Individuals who died from complications of COVID-19 were either age 65+ or had underlying health conditions).

While those older than age 65 tend to have more severe complications of COVID-19, the 18-65 year old group in Sacramento County has the highest rate of positive tests. Currently, there are 95 in the 18-65 age range, and for those over 65, there are 66 adults. For the 0-17 group, there are few, at three individuals. The overall average age is 56, and the age spread is 9 and 97 years old. Between the genders, there is less than a 2-percentage point difference, with more males than females testing positive.

“Although these numbers are unsettling, they are not surprising,” said Dr. Peter Beilenson, Director of the Sacramento County Department of Health Services. “Together, using social distancing, we are reducing new cases today, which will stagger the rate of cases in the weeks to come.”

If we are to move the needle on reducing new COVID-19 cases, Beilenson says, there are promising models that show an exponential impact on suppressing new cases if we can continue to reduce our social contact as the Health Order directs.
https://www.saccounty.net/COVID-19/Pages/default.aspx

Old 03-27-2020, 05:05 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,117,608 times
Real ID deadline delayed one year, to Oct 1, 2021:

Washington (CNN) The deadline to obtain a REAL ID, federally mandated identification that will be needed for passengers to board aircraft, will be extended until October 1, 2021 -- a year past the current deadline, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

The Senate stimulus bill also requires the deadline be pushed until at least the end of September 2021.

Before the coronavirus pandemic swept across the US, states were preparing to issue residents "REAL ID-compliant" driver's licenses or identification by the October 1, 2020 deadline.

Old 03-27-2020, 05:32 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,545,628 times
Was at store today earlier and people are starting to get fed up with the way overblown hysteria and shelter at home social distancing crackdown pushed by the governor and media.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:29 PM

300 posts, read 147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
Was at store today earlier and people are starting to get fed up with the way overblown hysteria and shelter at home social distancing crackdown pushed by the governor and media.
Curious, how so? I actually see it as a great privilege. I get to stay home, music blaring, pajamas all day, beers at 5PM sharp what's not to like? Much better than going into the office spending hours on the commute. lol

Last edited by DaneThornberg; 03-27-2020 at 09:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento