U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 05:07 PM

18,133 posts, read 8,595,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Kaiser did tell him where to go, which is to not come in. Doctor said they have closed all doctors' offices and will not see any patients. He was threatened that if he went to ER, they would put him on a ventilator immediately. No exam of his lungs.

The doctor kept repeating to relative to not come to the ER. Antibiotics or nothing. That's all doctor/Kaiser offered him.

It's criminal.
No I meant the other hospital, I read what you wrote about Kaiser. But if you call in, they will direct you to where people are prepared to take him. Don’t just show up and infect others.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:13 PM

987 posts, read 407,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Call ahead please, don’t come in and infect everyone. Call and they tell you where to go in.

Isn't that what a mask is for? If it were me I would go in an ambulance. Safety first.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:14 PM

2,053 posts, read 550,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
No I meant the other hospital, I read what you wrote about Kaiser. But if you call in, they will direct you to where people are prepared to take him. Don’t just show up and infect others.
I agree with you, and he does too. He's simply trying to "play by the rules" that Kaiser laid out and is worried Kaiser will not cover the ER bill at the other hospital. He said the other hospital instructed him to call ahead of time, then when he gets there and they will come out to meet him and mask him up. He said they have done nothing but try to help him.

He thinks Kaiser is giving their doctors marching orders to threaten people to prevent them from coming in for medical care. Not because they worry for their patients health, but for Kaiser's own financial bottom line.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
Isn't that what a mask is for? If it were me I would go in an ambulance. Safety first.
That's a great idea; I'll tell him. He's worried about infecting other people.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Thank you for posting this. I am going to tell people I know what you said.
You bet. That's why I posted here. I want people to know what he has experienced.

He said he heard on the news in Sacramento that a mother took her six-year-old daughter (or about that age), who was/is showing symptoms of Covid-19, to Kaiser several days in a row to get treatment and they refused to test the little girl. Then, he woman's husband started to show symptoms of Covid and his Kaiser doctor wrote a recommendation that Kaiser test her husband for Covid-19. Kaiser refused to test her husband also.

I see a pattern here by Kaiser.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:25 PM

18,133 posts, read 8,595,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
No, mask doesn’t do anything. Please don’t infect ambulance people, let them know ahead so they can protect themselves.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:25 PM

2,573 posts, read 945,888 times
I hope your relative goes to the other hospital. Worry about the bill later.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:29 PM

2,083 posts, read 3,329,808 times
I just logged into my Kaiser account. While it let me message my doctor with no problem, I did look at their COVID information and it seems that they only want to do an e-visit for that.

When I looked at the symptom and treatment page, it said that it can be treated at home with over the counter medication.

Yeah, I didn't get the impression that Kaiser was planning to be particularly involved in any of this.

Old 04-02-2020, 10:56 PM

2,606 posts, read 1,943,193 times
If your relative test positive for covid-19, the entire hospitalization will be free per the new Cares Act. Please go to the other hospital to get care.

Old 04-03-2020, 06:27 AM

35,200 posts, read 16,258,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Just an FIY for CDers in Sacramento area.
One of my relatives was exposed to a person with Covid-19 two weeks ago. He's quite sick now and has been for 10+ days.
Relative has the following symptoms: fever that comes and goes and spikes high; uncontrollable and persistent cough (neighbors can hear him); no taste or smell; lungs filled or obstructed with something (has to sleep sitting up); difficulty taking full breaths and can't talk for long; body aches; blowing blood out of nose and other issues.
He called Kaiser for help and was offered only antibiotics for what the doctor said was viral pneumonia. Like that's gonna help. He asked to be seen by a doctor (no at the emergency room) and was denied. Further, the "doctor" told him if he came to the emergency room, they would "put him on a ventilator" and if he wanted to avoid that don't come to the ER. Relative said he felt the Kaiser doctor used the ventilator as a threat to stop him from going to the ER for help and to be seen. THAT was very clear to him.
Also, doctor refused to order relative be tested for Covid-19.
Clearly, my relative needs medical care and attention. Another hospital (not Kaiser) in the area told my relative they would see him if he came to their ER (no threat of ventilator) and strongly urged him to be seen by a doctor because they can hear on the phone the condition he's in.
He will be leaving Kaiser when he can.
How did he get to talk to a Doctor on the phone? I've had Kaiser off and on for decades & when I've called I always talked to a nurse, I can't even fathom them utilizing doctors to give telephone advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or