U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 12:17 AM

922 posts, read 918,124 times

Advertisements

Good luck. I like El Dorado Hills but too far from work for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2020, 09:37 AM

288 posts, read 258,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukid206 View Post
we decided to get a new home in Rancho Cordova. Overall it is better for us budget wise. 100k cheaper than Folsom.

i dont see anything wrong with that. 100K is a big difference for sure and cheaper HOA or no HOA will help a lot. Nice thing is you are close enough to folsom to take advantage of the shopping there.
congrats!

Old 05-04-2020, 06:14 PM

10 posts, read 4,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moddedintegra56 View Post

i dont see anything wrong with that. 100K is a big difference for sure and cheaper HOA or no HOA will help a lot. Nice thing is you are close enough to folsom to take advantage of the shopping there.
congrats!
yes we are happy! only 10 mins away from Folsom so not bad and no HOA! We currently live in Eldorado Hills and its a cool little town and mostly older folks live here but very few shops/grocery stores compared to Folsom.

Last edited by sukid206; 05-04-2020 at 06:34 PM..

Old 05-04-2020, 07:00 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,457,789 times
In Rancho Cordova, the thing you have to watch out about is the schools. In Anatolia, the schools feed into the top performing high school in the Elk Grove School district. There are a bunch of really expensive homes in Rancho Murieta and these students along with Anatolia feed into Pleasant Grove High School. Additionally if you at the commute from Anatolia to Folsom and El Dorado Hills, that is still a pretty easy commute, so if you are working at Intel, this is a neighborhood you might consider, because an equivalent sized house is 100k less than in Folsom or El Dorado Hills. I think this is a neighborhood in Rancho Cordova that is going to strengthen. The schools are good now, more new housing in the area is just going to make it stronger. Because its bringing in more retail.

Now there are also newer housing developments North of Mather Airport in the Folsom Cordova school district that feed into Cordova High (think of the developments off International drive. I would avoid this part of Rancho Cordova because I don't think the new development is big enough to fix the existing problems at Cordova High. You have gang members in Lincoln Village, Mills Park and Cordova Park. I think these newer houses are going to drop quickly as the homes stop looking new. This is a new neighborhood that won't age well.

Old 05-07-2020, 12:09 PM

3 posts, read 1,394 times
Rendering plant is what none of these buyers are thinking about My son just purchased in Rancho Cordova. The home will be ready in November. He blew off the fact of living by a rendering plant. I also reminded him of how bad the traffic is out there. This pandemic shutdown isn’t going to last much longer traffic now is minimal compared to normal life . But he doesn’t think any of it will matter.

Old 05-08-2020, 10:05 AM

@Nordygirl, yeah the homes are nice but ooh that smell! Not to mention the nasty commute. Not for me. But if you work in Folsom for Intel or remote can work out.

Old 05-09-2020, 12:15 AM

1,291 posts, read 744,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordygirl View Post
Rendering plant is what none of these buyers are thinking about My son just purchased in Rancho Cordova. The home will be ready in November. He blew off the fact of living by a rendering plant. I also reminded him of how bad the traffic is out there. This pandemic shutdown isn’t going to last much longer traffic now is minimal compared to normal life . But he doesn’t think any of it will matter.
Traffic is bad everywhere. Capital City Freeway to Roseville and beyond, 50 west from Folsom or EDH if your job is in Sacramento. Elk Grove along 99 heading towards downtown. Hoping people buy close to work but I do realize that's not always possible.

Old 06-13-2020, 12:21 PM

Well now that work for state govt may plan to let us telework into the long term, I am looking outside of expen$ive $acramento! It is getting as bad with overheated real estate prices as the Bay Area and San Diego were 10 years ago. Rich tech workers are leaving the bay area for Sacramento driving up real estate prices. Living in a low tax state like Nevada would be perfect or cheaper place like Arizona if I can telework forever.

Old 06-13-2020, 08:20 PM

288 posts, read 258,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
Well now that work for state govt may plan to let us telework into the long term, I am looking outside of expen$ive $acramento! It is getting as bad with overheated real estate prices as the Bay Area and San Diego were 10 years ago. Rich tech workers are leaving the bay area for Sacramento driving up real estate prices. Living in a low tax state like Nevada would be perfect or cheaper place like Arizona if I can telework forever.
unless you have kids (if going to Nevada) as nevada has ranked LAST in the entire nation in education multiple years in a row except last year which it finally moved up to 2nd to last

Old 06-14-2020, 12:08 AM

35,200 posts, read 16,258,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
Housing isn't cheap in Northern Nevada anymore, that's for sure, and unless you are a winter sports fanatic or a gambler it's not that great of a place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or