Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 07:49 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,148,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Ironically, the Stockton MSA is the fastest growing MSA in California. Must be Bay Area people being priced out, and they're probably moving to Tracy or Lodi, not Stockton itself.

Stockton, the Detroit of the West Coast.

This ^^^^^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2020, 11:49 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,148,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugal jackson View Post
I passed through Stockton today and it is an interesting-looking place.

I saw the Stockton channel downtown, though it was completely littered with trash and polluted green like toxic waste. What purpose does it serve? It looks like it has a huge steps down to where you can access it but "no swimming" signs. I like how the city looks with rivers and streams running through it, though almost the entirety of them are lined with homeless tents, and again, the water is polluted with garbage and toxic-waste green. The shipyard was a neat site, almost looked like it fell straight out of the industrial revolution. Always heard how this was "the most depressing city in the U.S" and how much gang activity it has.
I don't recall Stockton was ever much of a desired destination. It's mainly a blue collar town. UOP is a nice though small campus. They have a killer hockey arena hmmm that's about it. I lived in Lodi for a short time and that's where people who wanted good schools and low crime would live. Work in Stockton but live in Lodi.

Old 10-28-2020, 11:59 PM

1,231 posts, read 1,660,835 times
The downtown area has lots of potential and under the right set of conditions, it can be revitalized. One can tell that Downtown Stockton in its heyday was a bustling and prosperous place. The only places in Stockton probably worth visiting now are the Miracle Mile and the Lincoln Center. The Brookside development west of I-5 along March Lane is nice. The last time I hung out in Stockton was about two years ago to see a hockey game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento