Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 09:34 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Who with any brains would want to marry someone like those in the 1st group where it is all about them. The second group gives you a far better life and many are quite beautiful, they just don't over display it.
I agree. I guess your comment was addressed to the general membership, not to me. I don't understand why more guys don't feel the same way you do, but there are plenty of women fitting that description who feel invisible to the men around them, in SF & SV, and would appreciate even a simple "hello", for starters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2020, 01:39 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I agree. I guess your comment was addressed to the general membership, not to me. I don't understand why more guys don't feel the same way you do, but there are plenty of women fitting that description who feel invisible to the men around them, in SF & SV, and would appreciate even a simple "hello", for starters.
Yep, to the general membership

Now why don't more guys look at the 2nd group. A couple of basics reasons, starting with they are not looking at long term relationships but either a night or two of fun or "hey look at who wants to be with me" type of attitude. As long as they can fill those two desires, the 2nd group is not of interest to them.

Old 10-07-2020, 08:14 PM

209 posts, read 201,027 times
dating is dead until covid lockdown ends and fear ends

Old 10-07-2020, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Yep, to the general membership

Now why don't more guys look at the 2nd group. A couple of basics reasons, starting with they are not looking at long term relationships but either a night or two of fun or "hey look at who wants to be with me" type of attitude. As long as they can fill those two desires, the 2nd group is not of interest to them.
Good grief! Well, I guess that does explain it. Pathetic.

But assuming the OP isn't the type you describe, SV, SF & the Bay Area in general should work out for him, dating-wise. Though Sac is more affordable. The Irvine idea wasn't bad, either.

Old 10-07-2020, 09:41 PM

258 posts, read 229,869 times
Been living in SF for 7 years now and it has the be THE worst place of this size for a single straight dude in the States. It's not so much the lack of women, there are some in the city (though much less in Silicon Valley) but their attitude.

Most of the time you'll meet 2 types - ones that are career-oriented and simply don't have time to date or the ones that need money/citizenship. And it makes sense too because those are the only 2 types that can really survive in this insane city. Either they're spending all their time at work making money to afford this place and they simply got bigger fish to fry than to meet some random dude for coffee. I went to a few dates like that, after talking to them the only thought in my head was "if you're so self-sufficient and extremely busy, why the hell do you want to date at all?". The other type are the ones that would love to spend your money and/or need papers to stay here. Both of these types often have very serious expectations due to all the techies present around you and if you do make less than 6 figures they'll quickly disappear. The first type because they make more, second type because they're not interested in being supported on a puny salary.

If you want nice, family oriented womenz that are normal and not obscenely liberal/SJW stay away from SF as far as possible. Nothing good here at all. For the record, I avoid American-born women like the plague and date only furrin' ones so ymmv slightly.

Old 10-08-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchromesh View Post
Been living in SF for 7 years now and it has the be THE worst place of this size for a single straight dude in the States. It's not so much the lack of women, there are some in the city (though much less in Silicon Valley) but their attitude.

Most of the time you'll meet 2 types - ones that are career-oriented and simply don't have time to date or the ones that need money/citizenship. And it makes sense too because those are the only 2 types that can really survive in this insane city. Either they're spending all their time at work making money to afford this place and they simply got bigger fish to fry than to meet some random dude for coffee. I went to a few dates like that, after talking to them the only thought in my head was "if you're so self-sufficient and extremely busy, why the hell do you want to date at all?". The other type are the ones that would love to spend your money and/or need papers to stay here. Both of these types often have very serious expectations due to all the techies present around you and if you do make less than 6 figures they'll quickly disappear. The first type because they make more, second type because they're not interested in being supported on a puny salary.

If you want nice, family oriented womenz that are normal and not obscenely liberal/SJW stay away from SF as far as possible. Nothing good here at all. For the record, I avoid American-born women like the plague and date only furrin' ones so ymmv slightly.
But the city of SF isn't the only option for someone like the OP. There's the East Bay, where there's a mellower vibe and a less driven crowd. Heck, even SV has women living with family members or in a group rental. who have less pressure to make rent, and are more laid back. They get overlooked, though.

Old 10-08-2020, 01:49 PM

207 posts, read 220,291 times
With the cost of housing in the Bay Area sky high I would not blame anybody for thinking hard about a financial background of a date before moving any further (beyond fun). Do I like this semi-"gold-diggerish" mentality- absolutely not. Would I blame anybody- hell No.

If somebody is in his/her late 20s-30s and without a six digits salary or earning potential how would it help to start a family and buy a house is a decent Bay Area neighborhood with good schools?

Old 10-08-2020, 05:40 PM

572 posts, read 598,626 times
So much of this depends on how old you are, what stage of life you are in, and what you are looking for in a partner.

As a man, in my experience if you are at least one of.... good looking, wealthy, confident/engaging personality - you will have a lot more options for dating pretty much anywhere you live.

I can't imagine that Sacramento is a whole lot different from other similar sized metropolitan areas. So many people are connecting online these days that your pool of options has to be as good as it's ever been! Must be tough during Covid but under normal circumstances there's tons of options for things to do where you can meet new people and strike up friendships and outside of specifically putting yourself out there on a dating app I think friendships and friends of friends are the best way to find suitable matches.

Old 10-09-2020, 01:23 PM

4,021 posts, read 3,301,161 times
Compared to the bay area, I would say the overall gender ratio is more friendly to guys in Sacramento vs the Bay Area, but the composition of the dating pool is different, compared to the bay area fewer women are as well credentialed. The dating pool in the bay area is thicker for women with college and graduate degrees and the women in the bay area have often attended better schools. In Sacramento its much rarer than in the bay area to find someone who went to the Ivy League. There are also just a lot more women in Sacramento who started but didn't finish college or community college. Higher rent and housing costs have evicted more of those people out of the bay area.

I think its pretty easy to find a social worker or a teacher in Sacramento, but it will take more effort in Sacramento to find a dentist or an MBA in Sacramento. So it kind of depends on what kind of women you think you do best with.

Old 10-09-2020, 03:44 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS_15 View Post
So much of this depends on how old you are, what stage of life you are in, and what you are looking for in a partner.

As a man, in my experience if you are at least one of.... good looking, wealthy, confident/engaging personality - you will have a lot more options for dating pretty much anywhere you live.

I can't imagine that Sacramento is a whole lot different from other similar sized metropolitan areas. So many people are connecting online these days that your pool of options has to be as good as it's ever been! Must be tough during Covid but under normal circumstances there's tons of options for things to do where you can meet new people and strike up friendships and outside of specifically putting yourself out there on a dating app I think friendships and friends of friends are the best way to find suitable matches.
Got it right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento