Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 12:47 PM

138 posts, read 510,637 times

Advertisements

I am a nurse who has worked at Mercy as well as Sutter. I have given birth at Kaiser and at Sutter Davis. Sutter Davis is a great place to deliver if you are having a normal uncomplicated birth. The midwives are great and the atmosphere is conducive to a relaxing birth experience. If you are having any kind of concerns or possible complications I would choose Sutter. The "experience" is not as good as it used to be for moms, but they have excellent care when the "rubber hits the road"They used to have a great reputation for there mother baby unit and I think they let it get to thier heads. Mercy has great nursing staff. All the folks I have ever worked with over there were wonderful with patients but there are not as many experienced MDs in case of problems or complications,for mom as well as baby.Good Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,918 times
Smile A good Dr. at sutter roseville

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvroses98 View Post
My first born was with Sutter in Sacramento/Horrible. I was 19 and 99lbs before getting pregnant. On-call Doctor (Dr. Cheng or Chang), my doc on vacation. Nurses told the Delivering Doc that the baby was 2 big 2 deliver. Doc ignored their observations and said he would deliver natural anyway. While in labor and pushing I was told that If I did not push harder I would be left there. My dad was in the hall and almost stepped in and my mother was right there when he said it, she could not believe her ears. My daughter was born with a broken collar bone and the Doc. commented "cute baby for a white baby" shes half flip, her father was there with me. Receptionists also were not very warm feeling to speaking with.

2nd was with Mercy (Dr Nutter) was great Drs and staff were all very nice and attentive both in the office and in the delivery room. They just will not do a tubal so off to sutter for my 3rd.

3rd so far not good. I have excessive thirst shortness of breath with occasional palpitations and am very tired all the time.
I was told with my first visit I would see the NP and then I could pick my doctor. 2nd visit was set up with the NP again???? I had planned to talk to the doc about a tubal durring my delivery and was not able to. I was told my glucose was high 133 and close to gest diabetes but then was brushed off like it was no big deal. All the while im still having these issues and its frustrating to be pushed out the door like its nothing. Both visits left me waiting for my doc who was 30 mins behind 1 time and 20 mins behind the 2nd time. Im at my witts end with sutter and affraid to go any further but cant because Mercy wont tie my tubes.

If anyone has a name and number of a good obgyn at SUtter Roseville, please pass it my way...id like to give them a shot. [EMAIL="avon95605@aol.com"]avon95605@aol.com[/EMAIL]. Lucy

Dr Murphy is a great doctor at Sutter Roseville and the Birthing center there is wonderful too.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:02 AM

91 posts, read 365,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post

You are so lucky to have a doctor that let you push. I wasn't given a chance. The doctor I had only let me push for 1 hour. And even though my dd was crowning I was tricked into a c-section. She then had to be pushed all the way back which made it a very long c-section. She almost didn't make it.
I would very much like to have the name of that doctor in case I need it in the future. TIA
Actually, pushing for 6+ hours is NOT healthy. Toward the end of the 5th hour of steady pushing, I knew this could not be good for baby or myself. I've had other doctors review my chart and notes and comment how a c-section should've been done as my baby was "sunny side up", thus not being able to pass through the canal without stress. We had to use the vaccum extraction, but not without first being threatened how dangerous it was by the doctor, and telling me if it didn't work, she'd then give me a c-section (finally!).

I'm all about vaginal births, breast-feeding, co-sleeping, the list could go on and on. When it comes to the safety of my child, though, I would've gladly considered a c-section.

Maybe you should take this into account before posting an insensitive/ slightly condescending response to my original post.

I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone, sorry.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:03 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,748,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheninRoam View Post
Actually, pushing for 6+ hours is NOT healthy. Toward the end of the 5th hour of steady pushing, I knew this could not be good for baby or myself. I've had other doctors review my chart and notes and comment how a c-section should've been done as my baby was "sunny side up", thus not being able to pass through the canal without stress. We had to use the vaccum extraction, but not without first being threatened how dangerous it was by the doctor, and telling me if it didn't work, she'd then give me a c-section (finally!).

I'm all about vaginal births, breast-feeding, co-sleeping, the list could go on and on. When it comes to the safety of my child, though, I would've gladly considered a c-section.

Maybe you should take this into account before posting an insensitive/ slightly condescending response to my original post.

I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone, sorry.

I didn't mean to be condescending in any way. Again I wasn't allowed to push more than 1 hour. I had a c/section and my dd ended up in the NICU fighting for her life. Doctors that rush to the OR are not heroes that save babies. Yes there are c/sections that are necessary but not all of them are. The doctor should have monitored the baby's heart rate to decide if and when a c/section was necessary. That is how my son's birth was handled. I had the most pro-vaginal birth doctor I could find but shortly after my water broke ds heart rate started to go down so I had a c/s.

Wanting a vaginal birth doesn't mean not caring about the health of the baby as you seem to imply. A c/section is major sugery and should be avoided whenever possible. There was a recent Oprah show about fathers, one father told the story of his wife who died from a blood clot right after giving birth. The only picture of the mother and baby is of her lying down on the OR table reaching with her hand to touch the baby. How sad is that? I've always heard it could happen but that was the first time I saw the faces and the pictures that told the story. Very sad.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:05 PM

91 posts, read 365,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
I didn't mean to be condescending in any way. Again I wasn't allowed to push more than 1 hour. I had a c/section and my dd ended up in the NICU fighting for her life. Doctors that rush to the OR are not heroes that save babies. Yes there are c/sections that are necessary but not all of them are. The doctor should have monitored the baby's heart rate to decide if and when a c/section was necessary. That is how my son's birth was handled. I had the most pro-vaginal birth doctor I could find but shortly after my water broke ds heart rate started to go down so I had a c/s.

Wanting a vaginal birth doesn't mean not caring about the health of the baby as you seem to imply. A c/section is major sugery and should be avoided whenever possible. There was a recent Oprah show about fathers, one father told the story of his wife who died from a blood clot right after giving birth. The only picture of the mother and baby is of her lying down on the OR table reaching with her hand to touch the baby. How sad is that? I've always heard it could happen but that was the first time I saw the faces and the pictures that told the story. Very sad.
Certainly not my intention; I think vaginal deliveries should be mandatory except when complications occur. I'm not sure how I may have implied such an insensitive thing, especially when I stated my concern for my child's health and well-being after being stuck in the birth canal 6+ hours.

I'm sorry your doctor only allowed for an hour of pushing before deciding a c-section would be the way to go. Have you spoken with the doctor/hospital/patient care rep. to voice your concerns or file a grievance?

Old 05-21-2009, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,809 times
Well I'm having a scheduled c-section at mercy on j street for june 11th I go twice a week for my NST because of my gestational diabetes the staff is great there I just hope it's the same after I get out of surgery, my worry is how soon they let you out since hubby and I have no family around and he has to be back at work Monday of the next week...sooooo worried!!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 02:21 PM

2 posts, read 5,893 times
Default Mercy San Juan or Sutter

Dear all,

I have read most of the comments in the thread and I am a bit confused. Which hospital/Doctor would be best for VBACs?

Thanks in advance
Pallavi

Old 07-02-2009, 07:08 PM

16 posts, read 57,520 times
I'm late to the OB recommendation - but mine's great, Orel Knight (916) 733-1740

Old 11-07-2014, 05:58 PM

3 posts, read 3,203 times
Hi
I'm 38 so a high risk pregnancy so looking at a hospital with aNICU and preferably a private room. So we have chose Sutter Roseville. I got recommendations for dr cueto but he is unable to see me. Any recommendations Would be appreciated. Thanks very much

Old 11-08-2014, 01:28 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,836,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachergirl27 View Post
Hi
I'm 38 so a high risk pregnancy so looking at a hospital with aNICU and preferably a private room. So we have chose Sutter Roseville. I got recommendations for dr cueto but he is unable to see me. Any recommendations Would be appreciated. Thanks very much
All of the hospitals in the Sacto region have NICU level of care (Level 4 is the highest).
UCDMC (Level 3)
Sutter Memorial (Level 3)
Sutter Roseville (Level 3)
Dignity Health (formerly CHW) - Mercy San Juan (Level 3) & Methodist (Level 2)
Kaiser Sacramento/ So Sac & Roseville (Level 3)

Here's a good description of the different NICU levels
NICU Levels: What They Mean - Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children | Denver, CO

I responded to your other post. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento