Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2021, 10:19 AM

42,753 posts, read 25,982,008 times

Advertisements

Jones is out of control, first he cons the County administrator to give him 90% of the covid money to pay for salaries which were already budgeted, and now he is taking money out of a fund meant for inmate welfare to pay for trips to Tahoe.

Quote:
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office employees booked a trip to the Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe, a laid-back hotel on the south shore that touts beach access, in-unit fireplaces and balconies. There’s a view from every room. The November 2019 reservation for six people cost $2,018 — paid by Sacramento County’s own inmates and their loved ones. Out-of-pocket fees from inmate phone calls and items such as toothpaste, potato chips and shaving cream have also paid for county employees to fly Southwest Airlines to San Diego and stay at the historic Millennium Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles, a Sacramento Bee review of financial records found.
(from Sac Bee)

Last edited by 2sleepy; 07-13-2021 at 10:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 02:02 PM

8,680 posts, read 17,217,972 times
Admittedly, the Millennium Biltmore hotel is one of the few hotels in the LA area that offer the comically low "government rate" price for rooms, so odds are if a public employee visits LA and has to be downtown, they're likely to stay at the Biltmore. It is a gorgeous hotel, though. That said, I'm all for a recall of Scott Jones now that they've fired the county executive.

Old 07-14-2021, 11:05 AM

2,409 posts, read 4,427,405 times
My neighbor is a deputy sheriff and he said most of the employees really wanted the other guy to win.

And I think that various police organizations were also backing the other guy. So why did so many people vote for this one instead?

Old 07-14-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
My neighbor is a deputy sheriff and he said most of the employees really wanted the other guy to win.

And I think that various police organizations were also backing the other guy. So why did so many people vote for this one instead?
I have no idea, I talk to my neighbors and they all claim that they didn't vote for him. He's cost taxpayers co much money for lawsuits it's appalling.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:44 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,123,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
...That said, I'm all for a recall of Scott Jones now that they've fired the county executive.
Jones said he's not running for election in '22. Jim Cooper has dropped hints he might run. Cooper's not exactly scandal-free either. I'd rather see some new blood.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Jones said he's not running for election in '22. Jim Cooper has dropped hints he might run. Cooper's not exactly scandal-free either. I'd rather see some new blood.
I agree, and I don't want one of Jones' underlings to get the job either. The problem is that Cops in general are usually change averse and usually support the incumbent or someone who is like minded. And they can pretty much buy any Sheriff they want with their 'campaign contributions', and they found a way to get around campaign contribution limits, they now have other agencies donate the max to 'their candidate' and repay the favor by doing the same for the other agency.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:51 PM

578 posts, read 497,436 times
Jones is a moron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento