Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2021, 02:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,254 times

Advertisements

Me and my wife are both retired, in late seventies and are planning to move to Plumas Lake. I find houses with big lots are reasonably priced. As we don’t have to go out for work and the shopping is about 15-30 minutes drive, I feel it to be a good choice. Shall appreciate if someone could tell me 1. Is it a safe place to live 2. I am considering a house by Lennar which is very close to the rail tracks, is it going to be a nuisance. Do we have a lot of train traffic on this track?

Any advice shall be very welcome. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2021, 11:26 AM

2 posts, read 3,254 times
Thanks for the input, appreciated. While looking at the google maps I found that the Lennar homes here at Sonoma Ranch, are about 500 ft from the rail tracks. The builders representative informed me that about 7 trains pass through these tracks per day. As some of these trains could be passing at night, I was concerned about the disturbance it may be causing in the sleep quality and otherwise. The horn of the trains is generally very loud and they are required to blow the horn around the residential colony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento