Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2023, 02:44 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
Nice to know karma really does happen!
So, it's Karma if a non-conservative is mugged? You might have thought that was cute I think it's disgusting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2023, 02:55 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,802,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Crime rates are based on felony offenses, not vagrancy or marijuana possession, the fact is that crime is down significantly sorry you are having such a hard time accepting it.
And the felony offenses are unprosecuted and more often than not unreported relative to just a decade ago....

Old 03-23-2023, 02:56 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,802,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So, it's Karma if a non-conservative is mugged? You might have thought that was cute I think it's disgusting
Sorry if the truth hurts. He and his ilk have routinely excused the most vile criminality in the name of "Social Justice" or other such farces.

Old 03-23-2023, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terranova View Post
Get real. The police are much more heavily monitored these days, and are not "frequently brutalizing activists." Here's a monitor the police activist being detained by the police. It's more likely that you will find people like this giving the police a hassle than "murder and assault" by the police, who you seem to think are "brutalizing activists."

The real sad thing here is that Liberal Progressives have always been on the right side of history, with civil rights, women's rights, gay rights/marriage, etc., until recently.

Then progressives like you came along and brought us policies like the ones allowing shoplifters to get away with up to $900, renters to not pay rent for 3 years during "Covid Emergency," "Defund the police," and transexual guys competing against women in sporting events, just to name a few. Guys like you are the reason that someone like Trump could win in 2016. I could never vote for such a vile narcissist, but apparently nearly half of the country was thinking that someone like Trump was better than letting the Left Wingers like you implement policies that poo-poo law enforcement. I agree that the police need to be monitored and audited, but you don't seem to have a clue about the need to deter and punish criminals. To those swing voters who are in the Middle of the political spectrum, Left Wingers like you are more scary than someone like Trump! How else does someone who was impeached twice (for very real offenses) even come close in the national election?
It would behoove you to fact check yourself. The felony threshold for shoplifting in California is $950 and only 10 states have a threshold lower than $1000. https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...mount-by-state

As far as the eviction moratorium, Trump signed the first one in Oct 2020 https://nlihc.org/resource/trump-adm...landlords-over

And regarding your claim that "The police are much more heavily monitored these days", do you have anything to back that up?

Old 03-23-2023, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Sorry if the truth hurts. He and his ilk have routinely excused the most vile criminality in the name of "Social Justice" or other such farces.
I don't know what you are even talking about.

Old 03-23-2023, 03:17 PM

Quote:
And the felony offenses are unprosecuted and more often than not unreported relative to just a decade ago....
If they aren't reported they don't make it into the crime stats. Do you have proof that fewer offenses are prosecuted than a decade ago or is it just a 'feeling' you have?

Old 03-23-2023, 10:19 PM

580 posts, read 514,884 times
Quote:
THIS. And yet, you voted for officials who gleefully let all that happen?
No, I voted against Newsom and for the recall. I've been around long enough to know bad things happen when Bay Area people bring their BS to other platforms.

Old 04-19-2023, 09:26 AM

927 posts, read 759,730 times
Great. I have to get my birth certificate from CA and I was just going to come there rather than stay in FL

Old 05-09-2023, 04:01 AM

6,383 posts, read 5,009,673 times
Yeah, I have to admit, I'm hard-pressed to think of legit tourist attractions in Sac. I had a friend passing through there recently, asking me if there was anything good to do in town, and I couldn't really tell him anything other than the state capitol and Old Sac.

I mean there are other cities I'd say the same thing about, especially in the west. Spokane, Phoenix, Tucson, Denver, Boise... nothing super worth seeing in town for someone who isn't a city buff. I notice that with SF at least, a lot of our appeal is in the historic stuff (streetcars, Chinatown, organized crime tours, Haight-Ashbury) --- ditto for Seattle. I don't actually really know anything about Sac's history, but that could be something to play up. Was there an old ethnic neighborhood that's largely (or entirely) disappeared but could be revitalized?

Or since it's a Central Valley city, maybe lean into the agricultural connection? I could see a Sacramento Almond Festival or Fruit Festival or Wine Festival or whatever being big.

Old 05-09-2023, 09:31 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,571,470 times
SF has turned into a giant outdoor sewer of open air drug markets and massive crime and homeless everywhere! So sad as it was nice place 30 years ago!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento