Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2008, 04:00 PM

110 posts, read 664,931 times

Advertisements

We are interested in a home in EDH, and or realtor tells us that Rescue union schools aren't that good. Does anyone have first hand opinions on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 05:22 PM

702 posts, read 2,522,954 times
Hey Chitowner - I am sorry I can't answer your question, but I was wondering where you were looking in EDH? I know I shared with you that we want to move to EDH too. How are things going? Did you find jobs in Sac?

Old 05-18-2008, 08:33 PM

Hi calidreemer.I do have a job waiting in Sac.We like Green Valley in EDH,and other areas there too.It seems things are selling real quick there .

As for our sale in Chicago,its real tough.We thought we had 2 offers in the last week but buyers are taking their time.One couple who did write an offer but didnt present it,didn't see enough kids playing so they want to wait??? It is a total buyers market.They know there is no urgency so they just pick away at your house.We have a great home, but there are just so few buyers they just take there time.

Hope you have better luck in Deerfield.We are in Orland park.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:44 AM

Wow. Well at least you have some interest. We are actually thinking we will have to wait until 2009. We don't think we will put our house on the market for a while now. The job I was offered did not meet my salary requirements so I am back to the drawing board. We are trying a new and longer means to an end. I have to say we are both really bummed about it. It' a little scary that things are moving quickly out there. I am a little concerned about missing the market. everything is so reasonable right now I would hate to miss those opportunities.

I hope you get your buyer soon. It sounds like you have some flexibility on your start time with your new job and that's good. I hope we can get out there in early '09.

I have to say I am not sure where the Green Valley area is since we have stayed around the Blackstone area. We tend to like being close to shopping and the express way. We did look at homes in the Promontory (sp?) and they were nice but felt a little isolated and I don't recall there being any solar homes there. We also looked at Serrano but didn't like how restrictive they were.

Good luck to you with everything.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:22 PM

Hey calidreemer,we just received an offer today...$40,000 less than our list. We havent countered yet.

It does make you wonder if we should wait,but we know the prices out there will increase by then too. So I guess there is never really a perfect time if you want to move to Ca. You ask yourself,how much is the nice weather worth??

Old 05-20-2008, 06:56 AM

Congratulations on your offer. I guess it depends on how much you will walk away with. We don't care as long as we have 20% for a down payment.

We believe the quality of life will be worth it, but we aren't going to be rash about it. We aren't going to decrease our earnings and don't think we have to based on the industries we are in. The hard part is the Bay area would have more opportunities for us, but the cost of living wouldn't be any better then where we are now and that is one of the appealing things about EDH/Sac - you get a lot of bang for your buck.

I'll be very interested to know what you decide about the offer you have. Best of luck and I hope someone can give you insight into the school in question.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:35 PM

45 posts, read 87,980 times
Rescue is a mix: the top schools are the best; the not-so-good are, well, not great. Go to Greatschools.net and compare test scores (granted, test scores aren't everything but they're a good starting point). For elementary schools, Jackson, Lake Forest and Lakeview are fantastic. Conversely, Rescue (yes, it's an actual school) and Green Valley are so-so. Your realtor is probably telling you that Buckeye is better. However, the top Rescue schools are better/equal score-wise than the top Buckeye schools (Silva Valley, Oak Meadow).

In a nutshell (and greatly generalizing): the Rescue schools have either upper-middle-class/middle-class families or lower-income "rural"-type families. Buckeye is primarily middle-income across the board. As far as middle schools, Marina Village is great but Pleasant Grove isn't (both are in Rescue). Rolling Hills(which is Buckeye) is comparable to Marina Village.

What school would you be part of in Rescue District?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento