Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 05:57 PM

817 posts, read 626,327 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2022, 05:22 PM

1,231 posts, read 1,659,658 times
Was there supposed to be a graphic or video link imbedded into your post? Yes, I've heard about the Sacramento Metro being included into a megaregion with the Bay Area, Monterey Bay and the northern San Joaquin Valley. The "Northern California Megaregion" is composed of 21 counties grouped into these four regions.

The Northern California Megaregion | Bay Area Council Economic Institute

Old 04-29-2022, 07:56 PM

Disregard my last comment about the video. I’m now able to see the video in your post. For some reason it wasn’t showing up or downloading on my desktop browser.

Old 04-29-2022, 10:20 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,872,333 times
Would not be surprised if Modesto,Merced and Stockton end up becoming part of this Megaregion because of it's proximity to the Bay Area as well.

Old 04-30-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiaguy2007 View Post
Would not be surprised if Modesto,Merced and Stockton end up becoming part of this Megaregion because of it's proximity to the Bay Area as well.
In fact, those cities are actually included in the Nor Cal Megaregion given the number of commuters that travel from the northern San Joaquin Valley to the Bay Area for work. ACE Rail is planning on extending service down to the Modesto area in the next couple years.

Old 05-01-2022, 09:23 AM

8,673 posts, read 17,274,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacreole View Post
In fact, those cities are actually included in the Nor Cal Megaregion given the number of commuters that travel from the northern San Joaquin Valley to the Bay Area for work. ACE Rail is planning on extending service down to the Modesto area in the next couple years.

And north to Sacramento! Stockton was definitely feeling development pressure from the South Bay leading up to the 2006-7 housing bubble burst, as was Bakersfield, which was starting to become a super-commute destination for Angelenos, despite the relative lack of transit over the Grapevine.

Old 05-01-2022, 10:39 AM

1,443 posts, read 1,567,042 times
So what predictions do you think will it cause to housing market and prices in Sacramento? High interest rates and low inventory are a double whammy.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:44 AM

4,021 posts, read 3,301,161 times
How does the Census Bureau decide which MSA's get places into which Combined Statistical Areas?

So, for instance Yuba City is in the Combined Statistical Area for Sacramento, but Stockton is not, Stockton along with Merced are both put in the San Jose-SF Combined Statistical Area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_statistical_area

That had me wondering, could at some point in the future could Stockton be absorbed into the Sacramento CSA and removed from the Bay Area or could the Sacramento and San Jose/San Francisco CSA's merge with the Sacramento CSA forming a much larger CSA? If so how close are we to either of these possibilities?

Old 05-02-2022, 11:47 AM

8,319 posts, read 5,478,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post

That had me wondering, could at some point in the future could Stockton be absorbed into the Sacramento CSA and removed from the Bay Area or could the Sacramento and San Jose/San Francisco CSA's merge with the Sacramento CSA forming a much larger CSA? If so how close are we to either of these possibilities?
It would be at that point that CSAs officially become useless. I get the connection between SF and SJ, but Sacramento and the Bay are distinctly different. How they are determined involves commuting patterns. You need 15% of the working populace commuting. I cant see 15% of Sacramento commuting to the Bay on a daily basis.

Old 05-02-2022, 01:30 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,069,759 times
I always considered Danville the “Outer East Bay Area” at best because it’s really the Tri Valley.
What would Sacramento be considered?
The Outer Outer Outer Outer East Bay Area?
What about Santa Cruz or Monterey?
Think they want to be grouped into the Bay Area?

Sounds like a money grab for a better title or,
Everyone gets a prize .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento