Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 01:31 AM

67 posts, read 288,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
Davis is gay-friendly. We held hands and no one commented. Not like here in SoCal.

REALLY?? I would think SoCal would be understanding, mostly. Actually, I guess I think California is pretty open. Well, Sacramento and Davis should be good. I have friends who moved to Sacramento a long time ago to find more of a community, and they are still there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 11:40 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,433,882 times
Davis has been gay freindly for 20 years now. They defeated a referendum way back in 1987 to repeal their gay rights ordnance.

From my experience here in Ohio, comparing Ohio to Sacto, Sacramento, has to be one of the more tolerant, no, make that accepting places for gay folk that I've experienced....maybe a skewed image since I lived in the old city/midtown area.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:01 AM
pba

410 posts, read 914,463 times
Default Redneck and intolerant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
I agree. Once you venture away from Sacramento into the rural areas it's extremely redneck and intolerant - especially most of the foothill communities and Placer County. Stay far away.
It's hard to believe you could be so negative with this post. Unfortunately, you seem to live in a very small world with a very narrow point of view. I really hope you can somehow find something positive to say because your negative attitude can really be a downer sometime.

With as many posts as you have and as many times as you've been read it makes me think you're saying that stuff for the attention and not because you really mean it.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:09 PM

7 posts, read 16,143 times
When do you plan on moving?

Old 07-18-2008, 09:58 PM

815 posts, read 2,688,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pba View Post
With as many posts as you have and as many times as you've been read it makes me think you're saying that stuff for the attention and not because you really mean it.
Oh, but I DO mean it. I really, really do.
Most of what I say is based on personal experience and my own perceptions. You are perfectly entitled to not agree with me.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:07 AM

534 posts, read 1,525,756 times
agree. Once you venture away from Sacramento into the rural areas it's extremely redneck and intolerant - especially most of the foothill communities and Placer County. Stay far away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
Oh, but I DO mean it. I really, really do.
Most of what I say is based on personal experience and my own perceptions. You are perfectly entitled to not agree with me.
I agree. My perception is that there are a lot of conservative types in Placer and El Dorado counties - a traditional Republican stronghold. Not that there aren't people who are accepting - I would welcome a gay family next door to me and my straight family - or a black family, or asian, or muslim, or... - and not that all Republicans aren't tolerant. But there are a lot of intolerant "rednecks" up here, for sure. That said, I know of a gay family who has their boys in school, and the school employees treat them the same as anybody else...

I know that there is an area in midtown Sacto, that is particularly gay-friendly, one of the "districts" down there. Bet if you contacted the Chamber of Commerce they could tell you where.

cityx, I gave you a rep point for your classy response. It is all perceptions and the op is perfectly entitled not to agree with you - or me - or anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento