Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 07:14 AM

71 posts, read 329,801 times

Advertisements

I didn't address topography for you! I've attached two pictures for you to see. The one with the lake is Waterstone at Morgan Creek, and the other is Whitney Oaks. Whitney Oaks has more rolling hills, but they are both located on or within sight of oak preserves. Also, some of the homes have beautiful sunset views.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions on good family neighborhoods in the 0k-0k price range-oakmere-lake.jpg   Suggestions on good family neighborhoods in the 0k-0k price range-whitney-oaks-view.jpg  

Last edited by DyaneRiemer; 06-27-2008 at 07:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 03:38 PM

44 posts, read 167,121 times
Dyane,

Thank you very much for all of your information!

I really like what you said about Whitney Oaks. I definitely think that area sounds nice. I hadn't even thought of Rocklin - I guess it just sounded too far away but maybe it is an option. What would you guess the commute is?

I also think Morgan Creek sounds nice. My husband was on their website several weeks back and thought it looked like a good fit for us so it was good to hear that you thought so too. I am concerned about the nature of the economy in that part of Roseville. I know there are good deals in that area but because there are so many bank owned and foreclosed properties, I am concerned about resale and the overall morale of the community. Also, do you think the golf course could go bankrupt? I was worried about that.

Any opinions on El Dorado Hills and the Serrano community?

Again, thank you for your help.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:30 PM

10 posts, read 63,563 times
I have family members that live in Whitney Oaks. DyaneRiemer is right, the community is built on rolling hills. The views can be great and the area is pretty secluded. It seems the houses that overlook/back up to the golf course have more privacy due to less houses surrounding them. However, one thing to be aware of is those homes that are not technically positioned on the course have fairly small lots. You may have several neighbor backing up against your own fence line. And because the homes are built on slopes, the neighbors may have views looking down into your backyard, or worse, into your home. So with the close proximity of the houses, smaller lots, and the hills, it seems intrusive and overcrowded. Again, this is not every lot in the community... there is quite a mixture of established homes, new construction, mansions, more moderate sized homes, large lots, small lots, golf course lots, etc. With your budget, I would guess you would be able to consider homes with more spacing and privacy.

One more thing to consider... it takes roughly 10-15 minutes to get to Highway 65 from Whitney Oaks during busy times... then the remainder of your commute time could be calculated from there.

Good luck!

Old 07-02-2008, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,088 times
Default Donna Jones, Real Estate Agent

Hi cy4444,

I just heard about this forum and registered today. Started looking around and found all the messages being sent regarding Roseville and El Dorado Hills areas. My family has lived in the El Dorado area for 8 years and love the rolling hills and beautiful settings. The commute to downtown along Hwy 50 would probably be about 45 minutes for your husband. The schools are awesome including a nearby Catholic school.

Serrano is an area within the central part of El Dorado Hills. It started out a very small private community and has grown significantly within the 8 years we have been here, as has the El Dorado Hills area. We now have a beautiful Town Center which is the hub of the area, and includes restaurants, stores, specialty shops, theater, spa, hotel, etc.

Hope this helps with your search.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:48 PM

62 posts, read 187,922 times
Default Hope this helps

If youre ok with a planned community, you may want to check out Gold River. You have to be "ok" with fairly strict HOA rules, but the good thing to me is that its VERY close to the American River Trails, some of the villages have small parks, the homes are not really on top of each other (for the most part), its a pretty good location, and the area maintains its value

Old 07-02-2008, 04:12 PM

702 posts, read 2,522,797 times
I forgot about Whitney Oaks - we liked it too, but we want a solar home and we really loved EDH and the new downtown - so cute. The area feels like our current community - we love the Golden Nugget shopping center - it's like our Whole Foods and other gourmet grocery stores. You can't beat the foothills for stunning views - Folsom has them too, but I still kind of have a hard time with the prison stigma - I know it's silly, but I just can't shake it. Good luck!

P.S. Granite Bay is flat.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:33 AM

67 posts, read 289,610 times
I would say El Dorado Hills/Serano would be a better drive than Rocklin or Roseville. I think 50 is a little easier than 80... Granite Bay is wonderful, with big lots and trees, close to the lake. Folsom is also wonderful. All of these cities have the best school in Sac area. Don't let the Folsom Prison scare you off. There is no "stigma". LOL! It is a non-issue here. You can't see it, and nothing ever happens.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:31 AM

44 posts, read 167,121 times
Oh wow! That is all great. Thank you so much.

I had almost ruled out El Dorado Hills because I thought the commute would be too long. A 45 min commute isn't too bad though. It is also good to know there is a catholic school if we choose to go that route.

Do you think the Serrano area is economically stable? Are there a lot of plans to grown the area more w/ more housing? Stores and restaurants are GREAT, but I am a little concerned about over building. From what I have heard, I know this has been a problem in the West Roseville area.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:05 PM

67 posts, read 289,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky4444 View Post
Oh wow! That is all great. Thank you so much.

I had almost ruled out El Dorado Hills because I thought the commute would be too long. A 45 min commute isn't too bad though. It is also good to know there is a catholic school if we choose to go that route.

Do you think the Serrano area is economically stable? Are there a lot of plans to grown the area more w/ more housing? Stores and restaurants are GREAT, but I am a little concerned about over building. From what I have heard, I know this has been a problem in the West Roseville area.

Serrano is coming down a lot in price. I was just talking to a mom at the park about all the For Sales and Short Sales in her area there. It is still-- and will continue to be--- a good area. Too expensive for much riff-raff. But I don't think it will be over-building any time soon. Because buying has slowed down so much. (Not a lot of people can afford that much house around here anymore, so you should find a great deal. Maybe more house for less than you think!) But it will stay one of the better cities around here. Also, I don't think the drive will always be that long. It takes me 45 minutes to get to Davis from Folsom some days...

Old 07-03-2008, 04:08 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Keep in mind that Serrano has pretty high HOA and Mello Roos fees, generally in the neighborhood of $350-$400 per month:

Serrano Homeowners Association - Dues and Fees (http://www.serranoeldorado.com/newhomes-1g.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento