Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 03:04 PM

44 posts, read 167,146 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if there are any websites that list the commute times for the various Sacramento suburbs to downtown Sacramento?

Or maybe you could help!

I am specifically interested in knowing the commute times (during rush hour) to downtown from these areas:

Granite Bay
Roseville
El Dorado Hills (Serrano)

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 03:19 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,697,727 times
During rush hour? El Dorado Hills is going to be 60 to 90 minutes. Granite Bay, about the same. Roseville maybe less at 45 to 60 minutes - but at rush hour it's hell.

This is also my opinion if you take freeways and don't do any fancy detours to try and get around it.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:55 PM

Oh my! That is much worse than I thought. If you could live in any suburban neighborhood, where would you pick? Taking into account the need to commute to downtown Sac?

Old 06-27-2008, 04:03 PM

21 posts, read 89,787 times
Vacaville is only about 35 minutes from downtown Sac. Also, Woodland isn't such a bad commute. It depends on your needs, but Vacaville is a great town and closer to the Bay Area. It also has a nice commuter bus into downtown Sac. If you just went 10 miles further west, there is Fairfield and Suisun City. These cities are considered Bay Area, so the weather is a little cooler in the summer and also a quick 35 minutes to San Francisco, East Bay, 20 minutes to Napa as well. There is also the Amtrak station in Suisun City that has a 'Capital Corridor' commuter train that runs directly to Downtown Sac in 40 minutes without the hassle of driving. Woodland is a nice rural community that is only about 10 minutes from Sac International Airport and 10 minutes from the town of Davis, which has UC Davis and is a great area. Also, West Sac is nice as well and very convenient.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:18 PM

Because you can afford in the nicer neighborhoods - You can always try Davis - EXCELLENT schools and close by. But you won't get many newer construction communities.

It's sad but the good schools and safety are in the suburbs - and the suburbs are quite a drive away from city center

If I had your budget (ours is 450K) I'd actually look in East Sac or Land Park, because I like the older established neighborhoods with Tudor or brick homes.

But for my money 450K in East Sac will get me a 3 bedroom for 1300 sqft fixer upper - and that's what I have now - we need much more space.

Plus if I had your budget - you couldn't pay me to live in Woodland (and it better be a mansion to get me to move to West Sac)

Old 06-27-2008, 04:22 PM

How I wish I had your budget

MetroList MLS Services - sacbee.com

Old 06-27-2008, 05:31 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,275,986 times
If I had to commute to downtown Sacramento, I'd live in Midtown...

Old 06-27-2008, 08:24 PM

Thank you for the listings CityGirl72. You should be a Realtor in Sacramento!

I do love the older homes and communities, and being close to downtown. I think because we are a young family we would like to live out in the burbs. Someday, after the kids are out of the house, I would love to live in a house like that though. =)

By the way, enjoy the Seattle sunshine this weekend! Hooray!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:31 PM

168 posts, read 907,598 times
Here's my experience. I live in east Roseville and have been commuting to downtown Sac for 9 yrs. I am allowed some flexibility in my work schedule and so I choose to work from 7:00 to 3:30. I chose this early schedule so that my commutes times would be shorter. My morning commute is 35-40 minutes and my afternoon commute is 40-45 minutes.

My early schedule allows me to shave some time off the commute. Maybe some people still think my commute is too long, but to me it's worth it because I like Roseville and have no desire to live in the cities that are closer to my job.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:13 PM

Thank you JenniferLynn. That is just the information I was interested in finding out. Do you think Granite Bay (Treelake Village area) would be just another 5-10 min?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento