Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 01:54 AM

595 posts, read 2,307,600 times

Advertisements

Could someone please give me their opinion on Citrus Heights....The good, bad, and ugly. I'm looking at some property there. Is the Meth problem there? How about water/sewer rates? Any good bars, where you can get an honest drink?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 07:08 PM

630 posts, read 1,294,229 times
i had buisiness training upo there at my bosses home and was there for the week. If you from out of town it is the most convenient place to be as far as places to eat, stores and gas stations. It is the newest part of the are as far as ive seen. I loved it. very friendly people there to.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:19 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,210,109 times
I've spent quite a bit of time in the area, and I generally like it. Very convenient, lots of stuff along Sunrise Blvd and along Greenback Lane.

Welcome to the City of Citrus Heights - Community Profile

Old 08-01-2008, 01:29 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,696,204 times
i loved living in Citrus Heights. Lots of trees and nice people

Old 08-03-2008, 02:05 AM

4 posts, read 27,200 times
Citrus Heights is nice in places, and not so nice in others. It depends on where you go, just like most cities. Can you narrow down the area you're looking at a bit more? Do you have children who will be going to school there? Will it be a rental property or a personal residence?

Old 12-16-2008, 12:02 AM

108 posts, read 340,279 times
Does it have a walkign area with shops, or a quaint downtown (older buildings in good repair)? Shopping? Community life?

Old 12-16-2008, 08:52 AM

8,673 posts, read 17,275,986 times
Citrus Heights was farmland well into the age of the automobile. No quaint downtown, unless you count scattered strip malls "downtown." Definitely not designed for walking. Lots of shopping, Sunrise Mall is a major regional mall (although some would say a bit past its prime) surrounded by shopping areas on Sunrise from Greenback down to Madison, and more shopping areas along Greenback and San Juan--all of the "drive your car from one parking lot to another" variety rather than ones you can walk around.

There's a nice regional park (Rusch Park) but other than the Rusch home (a circa-1910 bungalow) the closest thing to older buildings are a few surviving old "road houses" along Auburn Boulevard (dating from the era when it was Highway 40.)

There's meth. Oh yes, there is meth. Every semi-rural suburb thinks it is the "meth capitol of the world" and Citrus Heights can certainly throw its hat in the ring, although the last of the rural parts were built over a decade or so ago.

Other than that, well, it's just fine. Don't go expecting an urban experience, but it's not a bad place.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:11 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,894,436 times
The entire Sacramento region has a problem with meth. The Sac Bee allows you to search for crimes by both region and category of crime. You might want to search any areas you are interested in there to see the density of crimes in the neighborhoods you are interested in.

When I was playing around with the mapper, it really did seem like Sacramento, where I live, seems to have a much worse problem with drugs than Citrus Heights.

Online feature - Crimemapper - sacbee.com

Old 12-16-2008, 08:17 PM

4 posts, read 21,059 times
Default Live in Citrus Heights for 18 years

Citrus Heights is the best kept secret in Sacramento County. It borders Placer County and city of Roseville to the north, Orangevale and close to Folsom to the east and the Carmichael/Fair Oaks to the south.

The west side of Citrus Heights has unmetered water at $41 per month and metered water on the east side of Citrus Heights. My friend has a pool on the east side and filled a 4.5 ft pool, 30 ft in diameter and the water bill for that month was $82.

The east side of Citrus Heights has bigger lots .25-.40 acres. The west side has small lots. For your money, the east side has more bang. The west side is closer to the I-80.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:21 PM

4 posts, read 21,059 times
Default Every city in California deals with meth

All my kids played baseball, football and soccer in Citrus Heights. I am a Board Member on the soccer club. Citrus Heights is far enough from the city limits that you can have peace at night. The city is not debt like Sacramento. The police department is very fair and handles crime very effectively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento