Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 03:28 PM

702 posts, read 2,522,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADRMNDANES View Post
CA is mostly western??? You can find plenty of different riding disciplines here. Lots of English & Dressage shows. I used to raise and show quarter horses & Quarter Appendix.
They were all around horses (English & Western).

With your price range check out these areas.
West Roseville, Pleasant Grove, Vacaville and Dixon.

You can perform a search on REALTOR.com for areas up to 20 miles away from Davis.

Wilton would be closer for your wife.
I am also interested in horses in Northern California. My husband and I plan to relocate in 2009 and I want to keep on riding. We are looking at El Dorado Hills - Any place you could recommend for lessons and share boarding? I ride Western and only want to do so for fun and trail riding, no showing.

Do you know anything about Norcal rescue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 04:55 PM

25 posts, read 139,799 times
Default Davis is a great horsey place!

The area around Davis, mostly northwest, is flat but many areas are wooded. It's really nice horse country and doesn't look too floodplainish to me. Lots of english riding--dressage and eventing. UCD has a pretty active equestrian team. If you go east towards the foothills, you will be making a really tough commute. If you want more info, DM me and let me know what kind of riding you do. I can put you in touch with folks in that area.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:49 AM

375 posts, read 1,725,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidreemer View Post
I am also interested in horses in Northern California. My husband and I plan to relocate in 2009 and I want to keep on riding. We are looking at El Dorado Hills - Any place you could recommend for lessons and share boarding? I ride Western and only want to do so for fun and trail riding, no showing.

Do you know anything about Norcal rescue?
I have never been to these stables, so can't give you any feedback on them.

Three Bells Boarding & Trnng
(530) 626-7231
6341 Hagen Ranch Rd, El Dorado, CA

Equine Unlimited
(530) 672-0383
3984 Green Valley Rd, Rescue, CA

El Dorado Hills Equestrian Clb
(530) 626-1995
1286 Big Oak Rd, Placerville, CA

Royal Legends Stables
(530) 676-8479
4751 Green Valley Rd, Shingle Springs, CA

Old 09-09-2008, 10:37 AM

Thank you for the information. Do you know anything about the trails at Folsom Lake? Do riders share the trails with foot traffic and or bikes?

Old 09-09-2008, 10:51 AM

2,437 posts, read 8,180,958 times
Aww, man!!! From the title of this thread, it sounded like someone was being attacked by some sort of centaruian (half-horse-half-human) beasts. But alas, just someone else looking for a place to keep their impractical pet. Bummer.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:40 AM

305 posts, read 1,728,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
But alas, just someone else looking for a place to keep their impractical pet. Bummer.
"Impractical pet"?? I'm not a horse person, but I'd assume that those owning horses think them a lot higher up than "impractical" or even "pets."

Old 09-09-2008, 11:59 AM

Ok let's try to get back on track (or trail he, he). The poster wants some information about horse facilities and activities.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:46 PM

16 posts, read 41,039 times
Default South placer county

I think you might enjoy south placer county. It is rolling foothills and has access to the American river horse trails and others. I live in that area, on a horse property, but don't have horses. The price range is a little low put not impossible depending on your housing needs. The communities of Loomis, Newcastle, Penryn, Auburn, Meadow Vista, Ophir, and Lincoln might work. The great thing about the greater Sacramento area is that there are a lot of places that you might find interesting. If you want to narrow the search for your horse property, don't forget to discuss your need for a particular size home or shcools or other issues important to you.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:20 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,180,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleBebe View Post
"Impractical pet"?? I'm not a horse person, but I'd assume that those owning horses think them a lot higher up than "impractical" or even "pets."
I guess it all depends on how you define 'impractical' and 'pet', but in any case I know nothing about how/where to board horses, so I'm no help there. However, on the off-chance that the OP was really crying out for help due to a centaurian attack, I have this BBQ utensil with really sharp prongs that you could probably use to fend them off.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:26 PM

305 posts, read 1,728,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
However, on the off-chance that the OP was really crying out for help due to a centaurian attack, I have this BBQ utensil with really sharp prongs that you could probably use to fend them off.

All right, back to your regularly scheduled programming, people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento