Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2008, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,917 times

Advertisements

I am possibly making a move to Davis, California before the end of the year. I have a BAA in Apparel Merchandising and Apparel Design with a minor in Business Admin. I have been searching and searching for jobs around Davis, but I am not having much luck...My dream is to own my own boutique someday and would love to get more of a personal experience dealing with retail. I am currently a technical designer at a sportswear company so I am very familiar with apparel design, garment construction. and how garments should fit and form to the body. Does anyone have ideas???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 11:54 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,274,555 times
Look in Sacramento rather than Davis. Davis is a small college town, there really isn't enough local market unless by "personal experience dealing with retail" you mean managing a Limited store. Sacramento is just getting big enough to have its own fashion scene, and there are a lot of small independent boutiques in the central city (specifically in midtown) featuring the work of local designers. That's where I would start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento