U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 01:16 PM

2 posts, read 5,250 times

Advertisements

Hey,

I just moved to Sac a couple of months ago. I am a philadelphia eagles fan and was wondering if there was a bar where people have spotted other eagles fans? i can't seem to find one in my neighborhood (east sac).

thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 07:20 PM

406 posts, read 1,459,110 times
I've got nothing.

I can't even give you a good recommendation of where to get a good cheesesteak in this town. There just doesn't seem to be that critical mass of people here from Philly to support stuff like that here.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:21 AM

6,958 posts, read 20,072,435 times
I was introduced to the Players bar and grill yesterday at Fair Oaks and Sunrise. 100's od tv screens with all their loyal fans in front of them. Not my kind of place, but certainly sounds like it might work for you.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:35 PM

6 posts, read 72,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen_klown View Post
I've got nothing.

I can't even give you a good recommendation of where to get a good cheesesteak in this town. There just doesn't seem to be that critical mass of people here from Philly to support stuff like that here.
Check out The Cheese Steak Shop. I've been to several locations throughout the Bay Area and they have recently opened one up in Sac.

4332 Watt Ave

cheesesteakshop.com

Pros
Amoroso Rolls
TastyKakes
Sandel Peppers
White American Cheese
Italian Hoagies (oil and oregano on the bread)
NO Cheese Whiz

Cons
NO Cheese Whiz

Old 11-12-2008, 12:46 PM

13,860 posts, read 24,609,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitoP916 View Post
Check out The Cheese Steak Shop. I've been to several locations throughout the Bay Area and they have recently opened one up in Sac.

4332 Watt Ave

cheesesteakshop.com

Pros
Amoroso Rolls
TastyKakes
Sandel Peppers
White American Cheese
NO Cheese Whiz

Cons
NO Cheese Whiz
Well, you certainly got my attention with this posting. Amoroso rolls are the key to any good cheesesteak, got to go try this one out.

Thanks (BTW - born and raised in Philly, St Joe's grad).

Old 11-13-2008, 12:22 PM

406 posts, read 1,459,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitoP916 View Post

4332 Watt Ave

cheesesteakshop.com

Pros
Amoroso Rolls
TastyKakes
Sandel Peppers
White American Cheese
NO Cheese Whiz

Cons
NO Cheese Whiz
I definitely will have to check this place out.

Thank you!

Old 11-20-2008, 08:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,762 times
Default Eagles Bar?

I moved here from Northeast PA in 2005. i'm a huge fan, it's sick. i'm not an a$$hole fan but a devoted one, since 87' or so with Cunningham. I pay attention year round and used to go to training camp in Bethlehem. i also went to Penn State (for those alumni)

I've been searching for a good sports bar in the area and after the Mandango scene and the Players scene i was looking for more of a classic PA style bar. i think i found one 2 weeks ago, in East Sac. it's called Cheaters. it's really a Vikings (owner) and Steelers (bar tender) bar but the atmosphere is great! traditional, bunch of dudes and a few girls sprinkled in as well. they have a few good beers on tap including Anchor Steam and for those saving some $$$ I think they have PBR too... haha

Anyway, I was the only eagles fan at the time but i felt right at home with a hefty NFC crowd, namely NFC east too!

Hope to see you there! I'll be there this sunday for the Ravens game

Keith

Old 11-24-2008, 05:51 PM

13 posts, read 49,597 times
I know the local contingent of New York Football Giants fans hang out and watch their games at Hanger 17 over on S Street in Midtown. But seeing how bad the Eagles have been this year why would you want to watch .

While we won't agree on much we can share one common hatred...The Dallas Cowboys.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:00 PM

94 posts, read 309,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp49 View Post
I know the local contingent of New York Football Giants fans hang out and watch their games at Hanger 17 over on S Street in Midtown. But seeing how bad the Eagles have been this year why would you want to watch .

While we won't agree on much we can share one common hatred...The Dallas Cowboys.

Amen to the hatred of the Cowboys - this coming from a Bills fan

Old 09-26-2009, 10:07 AM

2 posts, read 5,250 times
Hey Philly people - I found where the Eagles fans are! They watch the games at The Limelight (Alhambra Blvd) outside on the patio. You can't miss the big "Eagles Country" banner that gets put up every Sunday. Go Eagles!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento