Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2008, 06:55 PM

165 posts, read 976,942 times

Advertisements

We find plenty of houses in laguna blvd and the area around there. The area seems pretty nice and upscale, it's still Elk Grove though so i'm a little worried about how good Elk Grove is. Is laguna a good part of elk grove? it sure looks nice and we will probably buy a house there. We decided not to buy in Rocklin and Lincoln since it's too far from work and school (work in stockton and school in sacto) so Elk Grove falls in between and it's perfect. Anyone has a reason why not to buy in laguna? houses are pretty cheap there too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 07:38 PM

406 posts, read 1,592,238 times
Why are you looking to buy something in Sacramento? From your posts you seem pretty young, that you are looking for something with a larger Greek community, that is closer to the beach.

I think Sacramento is a good choice for someone looking for an affordible place to raise a family. But it seems like Sacramento isn't really your ideal. I guess my feeling is why buy something now in a falling market in an area you really don't care that much for? I think you should only buy into a place you really like and Sacramento doesn't really seem to be that for you.

As for Laguna West. It was developed by Phil Angelides, there is a Greek Orthodox Church in the development, so there should be some Greek folks in the neighborhood as well. There is a a nature preserve that isolates the area somewhat from Meadowview, Valley Hi and Parkway neighborhoods so in that sense, its probably a region that is more likely to hold up better than the areas of Elk Grove that are closer to those neighborhoods.

But given your preferences you might prefer the area around McKinley Park. Not too far away from McKinley Park is the Greek Orthodox Church of the Annunciation. In that neighborhood you should be able to find a home with the garage off an alley or at least in the back yard.

Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, Sacramento, CA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento