U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 03:24 PM

110 posts, read 633,303 times

Advertisements

Could someone help with insight on Cameron Park.Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 03:42 PM

3,178 posts, read 13,964,450 times
Default Way out there?

You mean out in the foothills? Over by Placerville?

Lovely area, good schools - HELL of a commute

Old 02-28-2007, 04:47 PM

Citygirl ,how are the neighborhoods in CP.Is there retail nearby. How long is the commute to Sac? Thanks

Old 02-28-2007, 05:10 PM

64 posts, read 289,652 times
Bring lots of money and be prepared to live in your car during commue hours. That being said, it is a nice area.

Old 02-28-2007, 09:00 PM

3,178 posts, read 13,964,450 times
Default Cameron Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitowner View Post
Citygirl ,how are the neighborhoods in CP.Is there retail nearby. How long is the commute to Sac? Thanks
There really aren't any neighborhoods, it will be like camping - it's in the hills with lots of trees and winding roads - it's lovely. And the schools are good because it's in the middle of no where. You can get to Placerville (towards Tahoe) and have some shopping there, or you can drive down the 50 freeway back to Sac and stop by in El Dorado Hills area.

But either way you are a far drive from Sac even without trafiic - I'm going to say 45 to 60 minutes...now put yourself in traffic it could grow up 2 hour commute ONE WAY, depending on what part of Sac you need.

HTH

Old 03-01-2007, 02:27 PM

45 -60 minute commute...Sounds like average Chicago commutes.We get a 1/2" of snow here and its 3 hr commute.
How far is it from Folsom?Is folsom a flood threat,or is it the Natoma area.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:17 PM

64 posts, read 289,652 times
Pretty much everything in Sacramento is built on the floodplain until you get into the foothills.

Folsom is at the beginning of the slope up the hill. Natomas is our 9th ward.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:21 PM

Thanks renngirl

Old 03-05-2007, 04:34 PM

424 posts, read 2,575,933 times
Wow. I wonder where some of the folks that responded live. Must not be near Cameron Park!

Cameron Park is hadly like camping any more. There are lots of apartments and homes to choose from. It is a little pricey, but everything east of Rancho Cordova is pricey. Some of the schools in CP are the best in the nation and have won awards for academic performance. There are many wonderful neighborhoods to choose from, ranging from dense housing neighborhoods, to homes on 5 to 10 acre parcels.

The only thing I think is lacking in CP is good restaurants. There are some new ones in the last couple of years such as Applebees, but the selection is limited. You would have to travel to Folsom (about a 15 minute drive on the weekends) for the larger stores and a good selection of restaurants. I heard a Target is coming to CP soon and there are theaters in El Dorado Hills.

The commute can be bad but El Dorado County has a commuter bus system that goes downtown, buses that go to Rancho Cordova, and a bus that will take you to the light rail station in Folsom that goes downtown. The commute on the bus is about 45 minutes. I take the bus every day, so I know.

Let me know what else you need to know. I'm in Cameron Park every day and can check out from friends who live there what you need to know.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:35 AM

184 posts, read 758,348 times
Default Utilities cost in Cameron Park

Kidblue, could you find out what utilities people pay in Cameron Park for me,Please!
we are currently in Rancho Cordova and looking to buy in Cameron Park. I know they use PG&E for both Electric and Gas, but I don't know anything about there Water and trash there.
Here we pay a SEWER bill and a Trash bill and water is very high.
Thank You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento