Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2007, 09:36 PM

216 posts, read 909,981 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I was informed that the better area in Modesto is the NE side. Can anyone provide me with the best zip codes? When I say "best" I mean clean, and safe.
Thank-you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 4,718 times
if you have to move to modesto, the n/e area is decent. the area is newer and well planned. the rest of modesto is a hodgepodge.nice homes on on estreet, tenements on the next. gangs are a real problem and there is a large homeless population. modesto is the car theft capitol of the entire country, fueled by a huge meth problem. no one area is free of these problems. be aware that the valley air quality is worse than LA. i cant be more positive

Old 08-22-2007, 12:45 PM

796 posts, read 3,049,403 times
I have a cousin that lives in the Sherwood Forrest Sub. It seems like a nice, quiet neighborhood. I have heard her mention that there are a lot of senior residence living there. Her zip is 95350. I have no idea if it is in the NE, E, area though.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:05 PM

14 posts, read 106,079 times
95350, 95354..the college area...really really nice! Also sherwood forest has nice ranch style homes.... NE is okay... not my cup of tea...new boxy homes, small yards....but yes closer to freeway I suppose....

Old 07-25-2008, 10:22 PM

5 posts, read 82,330 times
College, Enslen area is my personal fav. 95354

Old 07-25-2008, 10:55 PM

57 posts, read 237,552 times
Definitely the college area. Just be careful around Enslen school, my husband and I were looking at a house near there a few years back and there were too many sex offenders in the area for our tastes, having young children.

Northeast is nice. There is a neighborhood called "Dutch Hollow" that is full of 1980-90's custom homes. However, there have also been many of the box style tract houses built in the area recently. These neighborhoods are really in jeopardy right now. I drove down one yesterday and I was shocked to see so many yards gone to weeds and disrepair, obvious signs of foreclosure. Literally, on some blocks it was every other house. It was very sad.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:10 PM

29 posts, read 167,213 times
I live in Wycliff, 95355. I have walked my mini-schnauzer along Scenic and around Wycliff near Scenic Ave.for two years almost every day. I measure the neighborhoods by how many pitbulls I have seen. I have walked my dog in bunches of other neighborhoods including Sherwood and was followed by a pitbull in Sherwood and I never went back there. Sherwood is pretty, but I have to stay near Wycliff as it is the only area I trust for dog-walking . I moved to Modesto two years ago from San Francisco (okay I sold my condo there and moved into my rental in Modesto planning to stay until real estate starts to move up).

I had no opinion of Modesto and not many preconceived ideas. The part of Modesto you see from hwy 99 is not the good part of Modesto. The good parts are kind of hidden I think unless you get to know Modesto. I bought my rental in 1989 near Wycliff and I only bought it there because a smart real estate lady told me it would hold it's value.

College area is cute, but some of the houses need a lot of work and for that reason they could potentially be money pits.

Modesto is kind of another San Jose. It sure is nice to go to Barnes and Noble on Sunday mornings and not have to deal with traffic. Village Health has the best fresh-squeezed vegetable juice.

Don't seem to be many foreclosed signs in Scenic/Wycliff area. I am not sure but I think this borders the place they call Dutch Hollow.

True confession is I am even embarrassed to say this having lived in Palo Alto, San Francisco, and Walnut Creek- I LIKE MODESTO. They know my name in all the health food stores here--my dog is happy because we always walk with other dogs from Wycliff including a Welsh Terrier, another schnauzer, a few labs, some bichons, a pom, and a yorkie. No pit bulls over here.....My advice is to drive around and see what kind of dogs you see on the street.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:49 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,309,298 times
try this website for where the zip codes are in Motown.
Click for a Zip Code Boundary Map.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:41 AM

57 posts, read 237,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenabcde View Post
Don't seem to be many foreclosed signs in Scenic/Wycliff area. I am not sure but I think this borders the place they call Dutch Hollow.
Actually, Dutch Hollow is located east of the Vintage Faire Mall (and Trader Joes!) So, it would be on the opposite end of town from where you are.

FYI: The big white house on the corner of Scenic and Scenic Bend was where then-President Carter stayed. One of the Gallo family members lives on Scenic Bend, also. As usual, it's the house you can hardly see from the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento