U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2009, 12:19 AM
pba pba started this thread

410 posts, read 884,777 times

Advertisements

Other than Folsom Lake, does anyone know of any cool places to go camping while still not leaving the Sacramento area? I used to go to Rancho Seco but it recently go closed due to water contamination but I was hoping someone would know of some better spots.

I figure it's cheap, easy to do and is a good way to get the family together so we've really made a point of it recently. The kids sure have a good time anyway....the ground is too bumpy for the better half but at least it's only every few months.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 01:28 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,231,550 times
What about along the american river? I don't know if that would be allowed, but something worth looking into

Old 04-20-2009, 02:09 PM

591 posts, read 837,459 times
Yeah, along the American River, that would be awesome. Maybe you could get murdered.

I don't know how far out of the "Sacramento area" you are willing to go but Seco is about 35 miles from downtown Sac, so if that's your limit then I don't think you are going to have too many options to choose from. You'll have to head up to above Pollock Pines on Hwy 50 or at least Colfax on Hwy 80 before there's any real camping options. Look on reserveamerica.com for options or better yet go to a AAA office and get a Nor Cal camping map.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:43 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,748,681 times
There is a campground at Negro Bar on the American River/ Lake Natomas area.

Camping

There is also a campground on Brannon Island in the Delta. Those are probably the two closest places I can think of to camp along a River in the area.

There is a KOA in West Sac that might work as well.

Sacramento California Camping, Sacramento Campground in California - KOA in Sacramento Ca

Old 04-20-2009, 02:45 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,748,681 times
This is the link to the campground at Brannan Island

http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/487/fi...pgroundMap.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento