Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 09:46 AM

46 posts, read 192,103 times

Advertisements

Hi

I live in Sacramento though not familiar with all the school districts here and that of Elk Grove, El Dorado county, etc. I need help understaning which district have decent high schools and which one has low income ones. I don't mind teaching at low income ones initially to get my foot in the field.

I have been subbing for 9-10 months. Though I haven't taught in public school - have taught at college a bit, with the student teaching experience during credentialling process - which I am considering, I would be okay for the the job since I have maleable personlaity while being firm with my ethics. I won't be struggling with the subject matter at all.

My dilemma is this: If highering is slow right now for Single Subject credentialed teachers in Math and Science, I would prefer to wait getting the CA Single Subject Credential because the cheapest place is via a CSU program but they have only day classes, which will prevent me from subbing. If I do get the credential, I plan to get Special Ed license. I want to teach Math to Special Ed students primarily.

Please share what you know about the school districts and the high schools in thos districts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 12:53 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,894,224 times
A couple of resources.

You can see a map of schools by test score here. You may have to click on the map a couple of times to bring up the data for the Sacramento region.

California School Performance Maps

Here is the test score information for schools in Sacramento County

County List of Schools

For Placer County

County List of Schools

For El Dorado County

County List of Schools

and for Yolo County

County List of Schools

If you click on the name of the school it will bring up more information about that school

2008 Growth API School Report - Del Paso Manor Elementary

On the right hand side there is a tab that will bring up demographic information about a particular school. This school has a rapid learner program. So 38% of the students are gifted, even though 34% are eligble for free or reduced price lunches. 23% of the parents have a college degree and 44% went to grad school.

2007 API Growth School Report

One you have found a school you are interested in google the name of the school and SARC - School Accountibility Report Card. Public Schools are required to publish these.

Here are the SARCs for elementary schools in the San Juan District

Forms/Publications

and here the one for Del Paso Manor School

http://www.sanjuan.edu/files/filesystem/delpaso.pdf

You can also read information published by great schools here

GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

Old 05-27-2009, 07:28 AM

46 posts, read 192,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardius View Post
A couple of resources.
Thanks for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento