Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 07:52 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellaslover View Post
i was recently pulled over and ticketed for not having paid registration and no insurance. I had not paid my insurance for about a month and a half and i wasn't sure if i was covered or not. The officer told me as long as i show proof that i had insurance the date i was pulled over i would be ok (and pay a small fee). Turns out i did not have insurance this month and i received a fine for close to $1000..there is no way i can pay that much right now and i'm looking for alternative ways to either avoid paying it or paying less. If i go back to my insurance and pay for the month that i wasn't covered would they give me proof that i had insurance that month/date? is that legal? is it possible? if i do get insurance now and take it to court would i still have to pay that ammount? if i absolutely have to pay it, would they allow me to make small payments?
Let's be honest, the insurance company sends a cancellation notice with the date of expiration if not paid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 07:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorheston View Post
he sure was suppose to impound. wtf? If you need some insuance help in the future becasue yours might have gone up cuz of this, try these guys, Mod Cut Advertising they have really good rates.
and do you work for them? I don't think the Op is asking for the names of insurance companies, he wants to get out of paying a ticket.

Nita

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 09-24-2009 at 10:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento