Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2009, 12:18 AM

63 posts, read 149,441 times

Advertisements

I would like to know whether the Natomas area by Del paso and El Centro is an okay area or not to rent an apartment.

There are Medici and Terracina Meadows apartment on El Centro (cross street is Del pas). Valencia Point on Natomas central (cross street is Del Paso) which is one block from El centro.

I'd also like to know whether cars get broken or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,913 times
I rent a 1br at Westlake Villas and have never had a problem with vandalism or anything else. left my garage door open all day a few times and nobody robbed me. You might want to check out renting a place there, since i found it to be cheaper and much better than any of the apartments i looked at. check out craigslist.. good luck.

WTD

Old 06-30-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokTheDog View Post
I rent a 1br at Westlake Villas and have never had a problem with vandalism or anything else. left my garage door open all day a few times and nobody robbed me. You might want to check out renting a place there, since i found it to be cheaper and much better than any of the apartments i looked at. check out craigslist.. good luck.

WTD
Thanks.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:03 PM

109 posts, read 377,586 times
When Natomas was designed it was supposed to be a high density smart growth mixed income neighborhood. Developers had to set aside a certain percentage of the housing for people with low incomes.

What makes finding a safe apartment complicated in Natomas is that because most of Natomas is new, its tough to see which areas have lots of low income housing units. Right now everything still looks fairly new. The problem is that some of these complexes have lots of low income housing units and aren't that safe.

Behind the Safeway on Del Paso Rd is a street called Kokomo. One of the housing complexes there has become locally notorious for its crime and gets lot of attention from the police helicopters.

What is worthwhile is spending some time reading the crime log on NatomasBuzz and then spending some time using the crime mapper from the Sacramento Bee.

There are some complexes in Natomas that are completely fine. But others are much more dangerous than you would expect for such a new neighborhood.

NATOMASBUZZ.COM – THE Natomas News Blog
Online feature - Crimemapper - sacbee.com
Natomas crime wave raises question about low-income housing - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/ourregion/story/1099213.html - broken link)

Old 06-30-2009, 05:48 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,260,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Minor View Post
When Natomas was designed it was supposed to be a high density smart growth mixed income neighborhood.
The developers sure put one over on Fargo.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Behind the Safeway on Del Paso Rd is a street called Kokomo. One of the housing complexes there has become locally notorious for its crime and gets lot of attention from the police helicopters.
I know where that is. I didn't like that side of the area. I failed to mention that the area I was asking was the opposite side of Del Paso after the over pass for I-5 where Medici apartments (El Centro) and Terracina Meadows which was next to Medici but not on El Centro are located.

Quote:
What is worthwhile is spending some time reading the crime log on NatomasBuzz and then spending some time using the crime mapper from the Sacramento Bee.
There are some complexes in Natomas that are completely fine. But others are much more dangerous than you would expect for such a new neighborhood.
If you have any info on the two places I mentioned above, can you please share about that side of area?

NATOMASBUZZ.COM – THE Natomas News Blog
Online feature - Crimemapper - sacbee.com
Natomas crime wave raises question about low-income housing - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/ourregion/story/1099213.html - broken link)[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
View detailed profiles of: