Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 03:46 PM

5 posts, read 18,329 times

Advertisements

that was rude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 03:48 PM

5 posts, read 18,329 times
that was really rude im simply asking a question i never said you . if you live there then you tell me what you see when you look around

Old 07-19-2010, 08:48 PM

433 posts, read 1,619,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200miles View Post
i went to rancho . can anyone please tell me what they know about folsom blvd and colma near the railys area . i was there for only an hour seeing a home for sale . what i saw was a bunch of drugys . am i wrong please tell should i live there with my family.
That folsom blvd stretch in Rancho is bad news.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:59 AM

290 posts, read 544,442 times
Yeah that area of folsom and coloma is one of the older not so great parts of Rancho. The better parts as far as houses go are south of sunrise (Anatolia, Sunridge and Kavala Ranch). The only downside is that there isnt a lot of retail south of sunrise in the new home areas. Some people like that. Its very quiet and peaceful out there. Plus its 15 minutes to folsom. Another area that might not be too bad is the sunriver neighborhood across from Goldriver (Across Sunrise).

I'd stay away from the apts/houses on folsom or coloma.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Now we are in agreement, I just want to make sure we are careful with facts when posting to this board.
Good point. Lets just say Gold River borders Rancho Cordova.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:17 PM

61 posts, read 244,568 times
No, Gold River to Rancho is not the same as Empire Ranch to Folsom. For one thing, they have totally different school districts (San Juan) and do not use Rancho Police services. Yes, they border one another and share a zip, but that is about it as far as similarities.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:21 PM

61 posts, read 244,568 times
Just an FYI, Gold River HOA's are not much different than other neighborhoods. I think we pay about $140 a month (you pay more if you are in a townhome). Plus, there are no supplemental taxes or anything like that. I think you have to pay for roads and such in Anatolia, but they're already paid for here because the neighborhood was built so long ago.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:16 AM

27 posts, read 90,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u225615 View Post
Hello,We have lived in Anatolia for two years and enjoy the peaceful and quiet environment within the community. Additionally, the jogging/bike trail, clubhouse and pools, parks and friendly neighbors are advantages. The disadvantages are the lack of retail/commercial establishments with the exception of the soon to open Walgreens. Also, there's a range of reports about the rendering plant smell with some reporting a frequent odor and others infrequent. We have only occasionally encountered the smell which occurs mostly in the summer months. The community is served by the Elk Grove Unified School District vs Folsom Cordova. The advantage lies in newer and more asthetically pleasing schools as well as higher test scores indicating an academic advantage (we have 4 kids so buying a home in a well regarded school district was important). As far as shopping and dining in Rancho Cordova during the daytime we have felt safe. However, that being said we moved from SF and are accustomed to taking precautions that suburbanites may not. Night time strolls are limited to Anatolia and enjoy the sounds of crickets, frogs and the occassional mooing from the cows that sometimes roam the nearby open space areas. As far as buying in a decent neighborhood in Rancho the areas to shop would be Mather Field, Anatolia-Sunridge-Kavala Ranch, Gold River, and Stone Creek.
Hi...We are looking at Anatolia since it's closer to my office and we have 4 kids too. Is it still safe in the area? We went there during evening/late hour and saw quite a few foreclosure houses. Do you know which part of Anatolia that we should aware of if we decide to buy a house there? We saw the new Lennar house and it's far at the end of clubhouse. I will be very great and appreciated if you can give any input for our decision. Thanks a lot!

Old 07-07-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelocateCA View Post
Hi...We are looking at Anatolia since it's closer to my office and we have 4 kids too. Is it still safe in the area? We went there during evening/late hour and saw quite a few foreclosure houses. Do you know which part of Anatolia that we should aware of if we decide to buy a house there? We saw the new Lennar house and it's far at the end of clubhouse. I will be very great and appreciated if you can give any input for our decision. Thanks a lot!
Check out Kavala Ranch Its a little further down sunrise. The older area of Anatolia was hit by the whole housing slump. Its not a bad area, but there were a number of foreclosures in that area so you might see more rentals. The Kavala Ranch area is newer and all new home buyers. Its a nice neighborhood, but there is not a lot of retail around yet. Also the school district out there is Elk Grove.

The red dot
Lennar
Rancho Cordova, CA New Homes For Sale by Lennar

Tim Lewis
Tim Lewis Communities (http://www.timlewis.com/find/quick_moveins.php?community_id=18 - broken link)

Another option, if you will work in Rancho Cordova, Folsom is not that far away. You might want to look in the Folsom area. Nicer areas and schools but more expensive.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,349 times
I am an Anatoila resident. We purchased our home here two years ago and have been very satisfied thus far. All of our neighbors have been warm and welcoming, I'm pleased with the school district and educational programs at our school, the club house and parks are a great source of family entertainment and serve as a way to connect in our community. Exposure to diversity was very important to my husband and I in regards to our two young children, and that is what initially drew me to this area over some of the above mentioned. Some people may disagree that diversity is of value when finding an area to call home, but for us, it was relevant. Exposure to pollutants in water is available online and was not rated as unhealthy or unsafe as of early 2011. There are much older parts of Rancho Cordova that have been listed by local police departments as higher crime areas and we are limited on access to local shopping in comparisson to other communities. That was also something that appealed to us. We didn't want to be close to large shopping malls or car dealerships where there would be heavy traffic, although I admit that a closer grocery store would be wonderful to have one day! For each family/individual you have to decide on what is most important for your living needs. What works for one, might not work for the other, so do your research and find your dream home and community!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento