Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 02:34 PM

409 posts, read 953,001 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I've posted once before and this is a good opportunity to update folks who are considering buying in Anatolia. Anatolia was developed around 2005 at the height of the housing boom. Consequently when the real estate market tanked many homeowners and investors experienced considerable decline in property values. Hence, the neighborhood has experienced a number of foreclosures and short sales which currently number about 100 (excluding Kavala Ranch and Sunridge which also shart the 95742 zip code). Of these approximately 100 the majority appear as short sales (refer to websites such as Ziprealty or Redfin). However, Anatolia is a large development with about 2000 homes so keep the number of short sales and foreclosures in context.

The GOOD (or bad depending on your point of view)

-Its removed from the rest of the city as well as other developments by acreage set aside as nature preserves. Therefore, its quiet.

-Yes my wife and kids still go out for walks in the evening as we feel safe

-Nice clubhouse with 3 pools, fitness area, cabanas etc

-Down to earth neighbors

-Tennis courts and basketball courts

-Three parks

-Elementary school (Sunrise Elementary) in the neighborhood (EGUSD) with solid academic performance Refer to Greatschools.net

-Top performing (within EGUSD) middle (K. Albiani) and high schools (Pleasant Grove)

-HOA with reasonable enforcement where it counts ( its an added layer of protection to ensure folks dont ruin the neighborhood)

The BAD

-No retail within walking distance (except for Walgreens across the street)

-Plan on paying high Mello-Roos

-HOA fees of $115 (pays for club house, 70+ channels thru Comcast)

-There will be a staple of short sales and foreclosures for the forseeable future which will hold back property values as well as the lack of retail. Not a real estate expert but a lot of the selling appears due to homeowners/investors who bought near the top and are finally throwing in the towel (based on Zillow and purchase dates).

-The middle and high school are 14 miles away so the only options are pay for school transport or drive middle/high schoolers to school.

-Rendering plant smell on some days

Issues...water...its not derived from the local aquafier therefore its safe to drink.

As Anatolia approaches its sixth year of existence I would consider it an established community and contrary to some past posts with predictions of gloom and doom Anatolia remains a viable and well kept community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 09:59 PM

986 posts, read 2,495,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacbuyertobe View Post
Hi,
We were looking to purchase in Rancho Cordova (Anatolia), but everytime we mentioned this to somebody, we have no response back. It is as if they have everything bad to say if they open their mouth. I have done my research on different areas of Sacramento, each with good and bad. I am also aware of Rancho 's bad reputation.
The question I have is: What is the basis of the claim that the whole Rancho Cordova (e.g. Anatolia) is bad ? (other than news on the TV) There ARE bad areas in Rancho Cordova, especially the older parts, but not all of the parts. Each area in sacramento (even outside sacramento such as Roseville and Rocklin) has its own strength and weaknesses. Somebody please enlighten me?

Thanks...

puzzled in sac
The Anatolia sprawl-patch is well south of the worse ghetto parts of Rancho Cordova, so unless the influence is creeping south it's a whole different area from Rancho itself.

If you want a first hand look at why Rancho is not great, spend some time at the Wal-Mart on Folsom at Zinfandel, especially in the evening. The neighborhoods in that general vicinity are shady, but there are good places scattered throughout. Parts of Rancho across from the Gold River development are quite nice.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:41 PM

4,025 posts, read 3,260,698 times
School attendance boundaries matter. These are the the attendance boundaries for Gold River Elementary. If you live in this area, you live next to the American River in a community sandwiched between the American River Bike Path and the Folsom South Canal Bike path as well as numerous connecting bike paths. The schools in this area are top notch. These area was developed and designed by Robert Powel, who did Pavillions, Campus Commons as well as Wyndgate.

http://www.sanjuan.edu/files/filesys.../GoldRiver.pdf

Because this area was so successful, other parts of Rancho Cordova have been renamed Gold River by real estate agents hoping to catch on to its success.

Unfortunately, these other areas are in the Rancho Cordova section of the Folsom Cordova School district. Most of these schools feed into Cordova High School which is the least successful school in the Folsom Cordova School district and is having problems with gangs.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,852 times
I have a business in Rancho Cordova but reside in Roseville. I was planning to find a three bed rental at Anatolia. Can anyone give me an idea of monthly rental?

Old 07-15-2012, 10:23 PM

409 posts, read 953,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1100 View Post
I have a business in Rancho Cordova but reside in Roseville. I was planning to find a three bed rental at Anatolia. Can anyone give me an idea of monthly rental?
I've found Craigslist to be helpful in this regard. Rents in Anatolia range from about $1450 to $3000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento