Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 10:53 AM

5 posts, read 10,902 times

Advertisements

My husband and currently live down the Peninsula but planning on selling our home next Spring and moving to Placer County area after that. We wanted a nice house preferably with a pool. Do the "new" homes ever come with pools or do they put those in for you if requested? Also our kids are grown and youngest starting college so wondering what area would be best for us. We're barely 50 so I don't feel old enough to live in the 55+ areas. I don't mind living in family oriented areas just didn't know if there was a better area for us or not.

Any info would be great as we really like to research things first and plan on driving around soon just to check out neighborhoods and new home communities.

Thanks...T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 12:13 PM

251 posts, read 824,095 times
Last week we came from pre-hunting house trip and visited with realtor a lot of homes for sale include Roseville/Rocklin area. In your situation (grown kids etc) , I'd consider Roseville as a 1st priority. From our experience , just a few homes that less than 5 years old have a pool (we lloked houses <500K). And if house has a pool , not sure that it will fit your needs. For example we saw a house with kids pool (very shallow), many pools in a bad condition and so on. You may spend more money to fix/modify existing pool, than build a new one (and new pools more energy fficient).
So, from 7-8 pools we saw, only 1 was more or less meet our needs.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:23 PM

thanks for your reply Mapleleaf. That is something to consider regarding just building a pool on our own..plus we can decide on size, etc. My sister lives in Vacaville and put a pool and new landscaping in her yard 2 yrs ago..and I think everything cost her 25-30K or thereabouts. They did a great job and she got what she wanted! Do you happen to know if the new homes have good enough sized yards to add a pool?

Old 08-11-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezbear View Post
thanks for your reply Mapleleaf. That is something to consider regarding just building a pool on our own..plus we can decide on size, etc. My sister lives in Vacaville and put a pool and new landscaping in her yard 2 yrs ago..and I think everything cost her 25-30K or thereabouts. They did a great job and she got what she wanted! Do you happen to know if the new homes have good enough sized yards to add a pool?
It's fun, but we had exactly the same questions before visiting....
I also checked on dif websites that avarage pool costs like 25K, but when a talked to ppl over there...it can be also 50-60K and above, as a lot of areas on the rocks and it's pretty difficult to dig pool. Also, pool contractor don't check ground before they start to dog, so they warn you than cost can increase (so told as realtor who build own pool). Certainly, in EDH cost will e much more than 25K.
As for backyard you have to check physically every house....for example we visited house with pretty big acrs for pool (like 0.25 acrs), but you cannot set amy pool over there as 3 metrs after house there is a steep hill..

We don't want any fancy pool with curved edges....we want straight rectangle pool big enough for a short swim with diving board

Last edited by MapleLeaf; 08-11-2009 at 02:24 PM..

Old 08-11-2009, 02:32 PM

238 posts, read 1,313,842 times
In our area of Roseville (WestPark / Fiddyment Farms) there are certainly new homes that will have backyards large enough to accommodate a pool, but as MapleLeaf mentioned, you do need to check the lot sizes/diagrams in advance (sales offices for the various communities will have these). My backyard (about 55' x 30') would be *just* big enough for a reasonable size pool, but there's a another house just down the street with a backyard that is nearly 90' from house to fence line!

Another tip: my neighbor on the opposite side of my backyard fence had his pool built when my lot was still empty. Being able to have the pool contractors/machinery come in to his backyard from my side made the job easier. So that's something to consider if you happen to buy a house adjacent to an as-yet-undeveloped lot.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:55 PM

Thanks for your quick replies. We plan to check out the area soon too so that should help when we can actually see things for ourselves. Great tips on the pool though...good to know should we end up adding one.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,660 times
I found some 2007/2008 forum discussion regarding Roseville and the political demographics, but nothing recent, so I hope I'm not repeating recent postings. I live in a very politically conservative environment in Southern Oregon, and I would like to relocate closer to family and the Roseville West Park Club community looks like a nice location in regard to amentities, quality home construction, health care facilities and low housing upkeep. I am most comfortable being around people who are politically liberal, but I don't always need to sing to the choir and I appreciate intelligent and nonconfrontational political and social discussions. Does anyone know if The Club community is politcially well balanced, and also if there are other choices of lifestyle similiar to The Club that might fit my needs better? Many thanks for any input.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:19 PM

I don't understand why political preferences of the neighbours are so important? I don't know and don't give a s... for which party voting my neighbors if they are nice ppl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento