Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2009, 03:15 PM

20 posts, read 68,101 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the Sacramento area. Does anyone know of a gymnastics gym? My son is 8 and USAG competitive. We are looking for gym with a good boys team he can join.

Thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 09:03 PM

142 posts, read 534,815 times
There are several gymnastics programs in the area and if you search the archives, you will find more about them.

The most famous in the area is Poszar's. The owner coached the gold winning 1996 female olympic team.

Pozsar's Gymnastics Academy

Additionally, at Fair Oaks and Marconi, another group is getting ready to open another gymnastics center.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:46 PM

Thanks! I'll check it out!

Old 12-13-2009, 12:14 AM

2 posts, read 10,510 times
I'm a bit late to the game, but I thought I'd post. Especially seeing as I'm the boy's coach@Pozsar's. We have a small group of L4 and L5 but it's a rebuilding program and workout out MWF for a total of 9hours/week. I found the google hit while trying to search for our gym's blog I created.

Fliptastic on Marconi&FairOaks is yet to be operational. More than likely they will not be fielding competitive artistic gymnastic teams for the boy's. They currently have team gymnastic groups and may have had artistic gymnastic groups as they were a split-off of Tricks (who runs 3 gyms in the Greater Sac area).

As well, just so it doesn't seem biased, there is Technique in Rancho Cordova, but Guard Young just left to Byer's Gymnastics in Elk Grove as they are starting up a group and fielding a meet in January. Technique should still have some compulsories, but more than likely the optionals went with him. There is also InternationalGymnastics in West Sacramento, less than a mile away from downtown Sacramento.

That last men's gym is ExtremeGymnastics up in Loomis, north of Roseville on the way to Auburn. It's a very good program as well.

That is all the gyms that run competitive boy's programs. American TrampNTumble also offers trampoline and tumbling in West Roseville and is where trampoline great George Hery coaches out of.

It all gets down to what gym works for you schedule wise and to get to.

Good luck, and I hope you found a gym for your boy.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:58 PM

Blairbob, Thank you very much for all the info. My son is level 4 on a team in Memphis, tn. The only competitive boy's team around this area. So it looks like we will have more choices there. We are moving out there 2nd week in January and I plan to start checking them out then. Waht do you mean by a rebuilding program? Does you gym go to competitions? We are open to different options, as my son just started level 4 in April of this year and we just went to our first meet last weekend in Texas. I'll look you up when we get there. Thanks again!

Old 12-27-2009, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 10,510 times
I have got 2 guys signed up for meets. 1 L4, and L5. I've got a handful of other guys in the group that were not intersted or ready to compete. Next year I will probably have 2 or 3 L4 and my L5 will repeat with the 2nd year L4 this year. We had 2 other guys, but they left due to interests in acting and the other was lured by JuniorHigh sports such as wrestling and so forth.

It's a rebuilding program because it was barely alive when I came on. Like a 1/2 dozen boys. We had built up to 2 dozen in summer and we have about a dozen and a half now. The L4 is 9 and the l5 is 10 and the rest are around 8-11yo though my guys for next year will be 6yo and one guy will be 9.

We have two local meets in January and 2 more in February if I remember and then L4 state in March. L4 state is automatic and they don't need to qualify to participate (though they need to score 84 2x for L5 or make it through the last chance qualifier).

We are pretty central to Sacramento while Extreme is on the North end of the Greater Sac area (Placer county) and ByersElkGrove/Sac is on the south end and Technique is toward the East part and IGC is in West Sac.

Good luck and feel free to email, call or come by.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,146 times
Default Updated info?

Blairbob - are you still on these forums? Perhaps you can post an updated status for the gyms in the Sacramento area? My son is just hitting L3 at techniques and we are wanting to make sure we are at the correct gym. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento