Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2010, 01:22 AM

1 posts, read 3,943 times

Advertisements

If someone owns a home in Doyle Ranch and pays their property taxes to Placer County...does Center Unified School District in Antelope get their share?

And do you guys every foresee Doyle Ranch being part of Dry Creek School District? Will the boundaries ever change? Do you see Doyle Ranch being lumped in with Placer Vineyards for schools someday?

I don't have kids but I would prefer that my kids someday go to Dry Creek School District schools....really excited about Doyle, the schools are just holding me back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 01:12 PM

8 posts, read 30,809 times
We are about to purchuse a house in Doyle ranch also, LOVE the house beautiful community, however it is near the border of antelope, but we are across from morgan creek. I would love for my kids to go to a Roseville school then a Antelope school.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:37 PM

261 posts, read 1,351,038 times
I'm pretty sure with this economy, or any, that a school district would just let another district have their school and all of the money that goes with it. Unfortunately Doyle Ranch is in such a crappy district, and that is why the huge houses have an affordable price. But districts all over are hurting for money, so you have good chances of being able to inter-district transfer your kids to a Dry Creek or Roseville school. The warning with that is the schools closest to Doyle Ranch might be all full, and you will have to drive your kids very far into the districts to get the their overflow school. Just how it works.

Someone else had the same concerns about Doyle Ranch being part of Center district on this forum, and I think they decided to buy in Rocklin. My advice would be to look for a less-awesome house in a more promising school district. There's a reason why those great looking houses are so much cheaper than Morgan Creek across the street.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:14 PM

8 posts, read 30,809 times
Hey volleyballer, thanks for your advice. Yeah it is kind of a hard decision. We live in Highland Park right now off of pleasent grove and fairway. I love my kids school and the shopping around here is amazing. We are just looking for an investment steal. I love Rocklin, it has small community feel and its maintained well.
We are actually looking at a house in crocker ranch which looks pretty good, yeah it does not have the same things like the doyle ranch house does but its going to be a tough decision.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:13 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,161,734 times
I think the problem with Antelopes schools (mainly the center usd) are kind of over-blown. While the schools on a whole do not match up to roseville. Most of the k-8 are not much different in terms of test scores as schools in the modest parts of roseville, parts of citrus heights and orangevale.

The two high schools in Antelope HS, and center HS scored an 8 out 10(top 30%) and a 7 out of ten(top 40%) respectively. To put it in perspective 8 out of 10 is what all 3 high schools in roseville scored and a 7 out of 10 is what casa robel scored in orangevale. And these are communites that are regarded by the most as okay.

I think the biggest concern for some may be the demographics and 'diversity' of antelope, and others like myself are turned off by antelopes proximity to more edgy burbs like north highlands and foothill farms.

And you always have to do what is best for your kids, if sacraficing some floorspace and lot space is what you feel you need to do, to ensure your kid gets the best k-12 public education they can get, than you gotta do what you gotta do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento