Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 03:48 PM

12 posts, read 51,067 times

Advertisements

Ok I got some great feedback , pros and cons about Roseville and a few other areas close by...I see that Antelope is as the crow flies under 4 miles away ( are there surface streets to take into Roseville from there instead of getting on the 80?) , and there is homes in our price range, but could not find a good Home Town page for it to read up on it. So am curious of peoples views ...wanted to make sure that I include near by towns in my search .....we love all that Roseville has to offer and driving into Roseville to do our shopping and recreation would not be a big deal ...when we lived in Arroyo Grande we lived in the country and even to get a Jamba, once we had Jamba was a 20 minute drive one way.....but it was no big deal, it was just life.

Folsom is a thought as well and what would the commute from there to Roseville be , as I like many of the shops, places to eat and amenties there, and my husbands work would be there in Roseville, so we would be going there quite often to shop and see him and such.

So come on everyone give me some feed back.....
Too close to the bad water and sewage plants everyone mentioned...
Too close to railroad so noise and emmition factors???

Oh and I see that temps raise above 100 in summer, how many days and how do your survive? LOL We have humidity here , but temps top out at 103 ...we all just go about our business or stay inside till the sun is nearly down.

Last edited by msruby66; 05-29-2007 at 04:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 04:07 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,697,727 times
There's no humidty here - and if you are in the shade it could be 20 degrees cooler

It could be in the 100s (on and off) anywhere from Memorial Day Weekend to Oct 1. You just never know - all this week it's suppose to be 90.

In August it's scorching hot! I've been in a week of 115 degrees - hot hot hot. But really I loved every minute and wish to God I could move back.

I like Antelope - it's not as swanky as Roseville but it's not bad either. I'd say go there it's more affordable

Old 05-29-2007, 04:09 PM

12 posts, read 51,067 times
I just added Folsom..thoughts???

Old 05-29-2007, 04:11 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,697,727 times
I NOTICED THAT!!

I like Folsom too - schools are good - Commute is a beeeotch though. But it's by the outlets and such

If you've got the cash - have you looked into Granite Bay? - it's quite nice there! (and between all the areas you are mentioning)

Old 05-29-2007, 07:32 PM

433 posts, read 2,355,872 times
There is a very large auto mall in Folsom as well as Roseville. Of the three communities, I would pick Folsom or Roseville. I live in Folsom, so I might be biased. Plenty of coffee shops, restaurants etc. here too. Better big shopping in Roseville (more malls nearby). Folsom seems more self-contained. More water (lakes, river) for recreation. Great schools. A tad more pricey than Roseville overall.

Both areas would average around 15 to 20 days of 100 degrees or higher during the summer period each year (May-early October). The average high/low temperature during the peak of July would be about 94/62. The winter bottom in January runs about 53/38. The weather is overall very nice.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:55 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,187,595 times
If you live in Folsom off American River Canyon Dr the commute to Roseville will be super easy. We lived on American River Canyon Dr and got to the Galleria in 15 minutes or less. It is a super quiet area smack dab in between the shopping of Roseville and E Bidwell St in Folsom. 5 minutes to Old Folsom where you can get super yummy pizza and mexican food. My personal vote is for Folsom.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:59 PM

553 posts, read 2,331,586 times
Folsom is the bomb, hands down. You will see better home appreciation (In my opinion, I work in real estate) in Folsom than in Roseville and I loved living there before I moved to North Carolina. Folsom was voted last year as the best city in California in which to live. I cannot remember which publication gave it that score.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:50 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,210,109 times
I too would vote for Folsom, it has convenience and access, two things not easy to find in metro Sacramento. With the continuing explosive growth of Lincoln and Rocklin, I have some long term concerns about Roseville traffic.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:05 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,376,211 times
Antelope has surface streets that go to Roseville, PFE (road), Fiddyment road, etc. Antelope has little to offer in the range of services and resturants. There are quite a few businesses at the shopping centers where Elverta and Walerga Roads meet. But that is really it. Roseville and Folsom have alot more to offer. I also think the Dry Creek School District is much better then the Center School District in Antelope. Dry Creek covers one end of Antelope, Center Dist covers the other side.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:30 AM

375 posts, read 1,725,158 times
I live in GB. The commute from Folsom to Roseville is NOT fun. LOTS of traffic on side roads. It's even worse during road contruction. Auburn Folsom will be under major construction soon.

I would look at homes in GB, Roseville and Antelope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento