Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2010, 10:58 AM

103 posts, read 205,112 times

Advertisements

So me and my GF are going to Sac STate in the fall. we've been looking around like crazy to find a place to live. we don't have all the $ in the world, but we like very much the Natomas Ridge Apts. basedon the pics and reviews they look very beautiful. am i wrong? are the apts nice? nice area? safe? thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 02:55 PM

4,021 posts, read 3,301,161 times
I realize that you are from Los Angeles, so you probably are used to driving long distances to go anywhere. But N. Natomas is pretty far away from CSUS. If you are looking for an apartment, I think you find something just as nice a lot closer to Campus.

The places I would be focusing on would be College Oaks (what is listed here as College Glen) on this map. Rents are cheap, you should be able to find a place that is either within walking or at least riding your bike to campus in this neighborhood. The neighborhood has tons of CSUS students there because of proximity to campus.

Just across campus from CSUS is a neighborhood called Campus Commons. University Avenue runs parallel to the American River. You can also find a bunch of apartments on Unversity Avenue that caters to students. The Guy West pedestrian bridge (looks like a mini Golden Gate Bridge) connects CSUS to Campus Commons. Most of the Campus Commons neighborhood is taken up by a planned development of condos that are referred to as Campus Commons. If you were looking for something a little bit more upscale than the student apartments in College Oak or the apartments on University, the condos should work.

http://www.cityofsacramento.org/gis/...20streetsE.pdf

Just past Campus Commons is a neighborhood that is called Woodside on the map below. In that neighborhood you will find the Woodside and Timberlake condos. Both of these places also have large numbers of CSUS students.

http://www.communities.saccounty.net/arden-arcade/docs/survey/map.pdf (broken link)

I think any of the neighborhoods I mentioned would be better than Natomas for someone planning to attend CSUS. These areas are much closer to CSUS. If you and your girlfriend were looking to economize, you could probably get rid of one car and ride your bikes to class from that neighborhood. You would save on parking, insurance, car payment ext. You can also probably find something for less rent than what you would pay in Natomas.

Other people might suggest midtown for students, but rents in midtown are probably more than Natomas or the neighborhoods I suggested and is further away. But I really don't quite understand moving to Natomas if you are going to attend to CSUS. The only people I would suggest commuting from Natomas to CSUS are the people who are living with mom and dad and there parents already live in Natomas.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:23 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,159,099 times
yea dude natomas is a treck and a half from csus. There are alot of affordable options closer to the school. Throw out a price range and we might be able to help you.

I should add, I do believe csus added some student dorms to live on campus as well. Whether or not it is cheaper than what you are looking for I could not tell you, but it is something you should look into
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento