U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 11-07-2010, 10:59 PM
 
14 posts, read 39,823 times
Reputation: 18

Advertisements

I haven't posted on here for a long time because I have been busy,but I still read the
Forums to see what's new.I tried last year to move to Utah,but I had no luck with the relocation process.I sent my resume out to alot of jobs there,but I only had around 5 telephone interviews.no luck at all! It's been extremely rough with trying to find a job to relocate with.but! My luck just turned around about 2 weeks ago.

The company I now work for has offices all over the states.and I asked to be certain about relocating with my job.and the answer is yes I can.so this time around next year I will be heading to Utah.and I am very happy and excited to.it's a good thing I came there a few times first to see how it is.despite what anyone says,I know and feel Utah will be a good place for me.cause the translation from new York city to salt lake city will be a positive one.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-08-2010, 09:44 AM
 
Location: South Jordan, Utah
6,977 posts, read 7,800,469 times
Reputation: 3163
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltlakecityhereicome View Post
I haven't posted on here for a long time because I have been busy,but I still read the
Forums to see what's new.I tried last year to move to Utah,but I had no luck with the relocation process.I sent my resume out to alot of jobs there,but I only had around 5 telephone interviews.no luck at all! It's been extremely rough with trying to find a job to relocate with.but! My luck just turned around about 2 weeks ago.

The company I now work for has offices all over the states.and I asked to be certain about relocating with my job.and the answer is yes I can.so this time around next year I will be heading to Utah.and I am very happy and excited to.it's a good thing I came there a few times first to see how it is.despite what anyone says,I know and feel Utah will be a good place for me.cause the translation from new York city to salt lake city will be a positive one.
Very cool! That is what I tell people, start with the company you work at first to see if they will let you relocate. Glad it is working out.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2010, 03:04 AM
 
1,094 posts, read 1,992,794 times
Reputation: 279
Salt Lake City is a breath of fresh air from New York. The cost of living is good comparing to NY. It may be boring but a heck a nicer place to live, and you will no longer live in a poor house. Prepare to radically improve your lifestyle or upgrade your lifestyle since everything is so much cheaper. Have a good and easier life there.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2010, 06:43 AM
 
18,847 posts, read 33,848,487 times
Reputation: 26255
Well, I lived next door to a couple who was transferred from New York for work. They were always miserable and unhappy. They had no kids, and were into the art scene/party scene in New York. They felt like they were consigned to the worst place in the world. They complained about everything.

What is sad, is that they never took the time to enjoy Utah and Salt Lake City for what it does have to offer, skiing, fresh air, hiking areas, beautiful scenery. And Utah is not a cultural desert, there is opera, theatre, art galleries, a world class symphony, plenty of excellent resturants...okay, not the exact caliber of New York, but they are easy to get into, and cheap by NYC standards.

So, look for what the benefits are...And you will need to learn how to drive, and get a car, if you don't alreaday...
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2010, 10:48 AM
 
Location: South Jordan, Utah
6,977 posts, read 7,800,469 times
Reputation: 3163
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Well, I lived next door to a couple who was transferred from New York for work. They were always miserable and unhappy. They had no kids, and were into the art scene/party scene in New York. They felt like they were consigned to the worst place in the world. They complained about everything.

What is sad, is that they never took the time to enjoy Utah and Salt Lake City for what it does have to offer, skiing, fresh air, hiking areas, beautiful scenery. And Utah is not a cultural desert, there is opera, theatre, art galleries, a world class symphony, plenty of excellent resturants...okay, not the exact caliber of New York, but they are easy to get into, and cheap by NYC standards.

So, look for what the benefits are...And you will need to learn how to drive, and get a car, if you don't alreaday...
I would bet that they are miserable and unhappy no matter where they live, some people use their location as an excuse to complain.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2010, 12:03 PM
 
14 posts, read 39,823 times
Reputation: 18
I like salt lake city alot,it's a big change in scenery and environment.an the last time I was there,I met a few people from new York and Connecticut and new jersey..I had no complaints about there.I enjoyed every minute and the mountains especially nice.I can't wait to move there.I'm just tired of new York and I need a change in pace and in life.for me I'm single ,.African American and in my 30's.this change will be an excellent one for me.besides I rather wake up to the scene of the mountains than to wake up to a scene of sky scrapers and buildings.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2010, 12:11 PM
 
226 posts, read 519,514 times
Reputation: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltlakecityhereicome View Post
I like salt lake city alot,it's a big change in scenery and environment.an the last time I was there,I met a few people from new York and Connecticut and new jersey..I had no complaints about there.I enjoyed every minute and the mountains especially nice.I can't wait to move there.I'm just tired of new York and I need a change in pace and in life.for me I'm single ,.African American and in my 30's.this change will be an excellent one for me.besides I rather wake up to the scene of the mountains than to wake up to a scene of sky scrapers and buildings.

Oh, I agree. Sometimes I watch those TV shows where people are house-hunting and, when they talk about "beautiful views", I'm astonished that anyone would think that looking out your window onto the tops of other buildings constitutes a "beautiful view"! There's nothing like looking out your window at mountains that seem close enough to touch or the sun setting over a lake. I hope that you love every minute of living here.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2010, 05:33 PM
 
14 posts, read 39,823 times
Reputation: 18
I'm going to enjoy every moment of living in salt lake city as soon as I get there.there are
People in the forums who discredit there because of religion, politics, people, environment and so forth.the best way to get an answer is visit slc and see what it's really about.I wouldn't of even known about that place till I came there a few times.from then on I fell in love with that state.mountains are definitely my cup of tea compared to what new York doesn't have to offer.and plus there is so much to do in slc compared to new York. I've lived in an urban environment most of my life.and i want out of it,NYC is not for me and nevered liked living here.besides the south west to me has alot to offer if you don't look at the bigger picture..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 12:00 AM
 
3 posts, read 8,817 times
Reputation: 11
I love living in Utah. The mountains are breathtaking, the weather is beautiful. There are no toll roads, parking is a dream (most of the time), downtown has a commuter rail. Wonderful hospitals, amazing library system, lots of fun free events (free concerts, museums, festivals). We have a fabulous downtown farmer's market, LOTS of outdoor fun (amazing rock climbing, skiing, river rafting further south, hiking). We have beautiful national park such as Arches and Zion's (to name only a few) and amazing state parks like Goblin Valley. This really is a blessed place to live. We love it here.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2011, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Midvale
3 posts, read 6,959 times
Reputation: 10
did you move to SLC yet? i've been here for about 6 months. I transferred here through work, from IL. I like it here but it's hard to try new things and do things without having someone to do them with. I miss my friends and family SO much and still don't know many people here. Good luck to you!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top