Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2010, 11:24 AM

19 posts, read 35,359 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I currently live in the suburbs of Houston and am considering applying for a SLC position with my current employer. I have been to Salt Lake twice for business reasons, but only saw Downtown/Sugar House/Airport areas.

However, I really liked the areas I did see and found the area to be very attractive. I have also made many friends in SLC through work, which leads me to believe that the other posts on the forum regarding the friendliness of people to be true.

I hope this is not a redundant question, but in which areas of town can one find rentals that are of recent construction, but reasonably priced? I understand the housing market in Texas is entirely different, as are the construction methods. However, it seems that I have been unable to locate any apartments in the SLC metro area which seem to be on par with what I am used to.

I currently pay $715/month for a 850sq ft1 bedroom, with granite counters/slate tile/jacuzzi tub/cherrywood cabinets/etc. Most suburban apartment complexes in Houston run along the same lines -- upscale/homey ammenities in the $700 range.

Do similar complexes exist in SLC, or is it all just a matter of different construction practices between the two cities?

Thanks!

Last edited by jlt1984; 12-07-2010 at 11:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 05:43 PM

77 posts, read 282,886 times
There are some apartments in the SL Valley that seem to be the kind you are talking about (luxury, with a focus on "upscale amenities" as a selling point). Some I can think of off hand are the complexes that start with "San" (San Moritz, San Tropez, and San Marino) which are in the $750-late800s range for 1 beds, or Sterling Village which is $730-mid800s range for 1 beds, or the uppity Pinehurst in midvale which starts in the $800s. I think rent prices have dropped slightly in recent months thought because back when I was apartment hunting (1-2 years ago) I remember these complexes being near the $900s for 1 beds.

You may find posts I made in these two threads (or the whole thread!) helpful in terms of SLC apartment pricing and area suggestions:

Salt Lake City?

Best apartment complexes in SLC

Old 12-09-2010, 08:32 AM

19 posts, read 35,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghungroo View Post
There are some apartments in the SL Valley that seem to be the kind you are talking about (luxury, with a focus on "upscale amenities" as a selling point). Some I can think of off hand are the complexes that start with "San" (San Moritz, San Tropez, and San Marino) which are in the $750-late800s range for 1 beds, or Sterling Village which is $730-mid800s range for 1 beds, or the uppity Pinehurst in midvale which starts in the $800s. I think rent prices have dropped slightly in recent months thought because back when I was apartment hunting (1-2 years ago) I remember these complexes being near the $900s for 1 beds.

You may find posts I made in these two threads (or the whole thread!) helpful in terms of SLC apartment pricing and area suggestions:

Salt Lake City?

Best apartment complexes in SLC

Thanks so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area