U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 11:05 PM

5 posts, read 7,668 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Just moved to SLC from CA and was wondering if there were any reasonable Health Food stores in SLC area. Whole Paycheck is, of course, an insult to the wallet. I really miss the deals on supplements back in CA/OR.

I could shop online of course, just wondering if there were good stores here hiding in plain sight.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 11:10 PM

202 posts, read 337,540 times
There are a few but I don't know how good they are as I have never been to any of them. It's not like CO or NM where I know there to be several options like vitamin cottage, trader joes, and la montanita food co-op. There is Sunflower Market which I've noticed has overall better prices than whole paycheck.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:23 PM

19,856 posts, read 63,083,546 times
Not open now, but in the summer there is quite a big farmer's market downtown. I've never been to any but Whole Foods altho" I hve seen some around somewhere.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:11 AM

835 posts, read 1,980,232 times
Sunflower Market was started by one of the Wild Oats/Whole Foods guys. I read the article in the Tribune about the new store for Sunflower just north of the new Whole Foods at Trolley Square. I think the Liberty Heights Fresh is nice too.
On the occasional day that I use meat, I can not imagine getting meat anywhere other than Whole Foods. I love the guys at the meat counter at the one in Sugarhouse. If I am going to eat an animal, I feel a lot better knowing that it was raised humanely-and for me, it is worth the little bit extra money.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:11 PM

5 posts, read 7,668 times
Yeah, I was in Sunflower just yesterday..definitely had the Wild Oats "vibe"(price gouging) Guess I'll keep looking; talk to the locals.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:15 AM

38 posts, read 103,937 times
Check out Cali's Natural Foods. It is right behind the Costco in downtown SLC and has some great prices on pantry items and other things. I am not sure about supplements, though. What types of things are you looking for? I might be able to point you somewhere.

There is also a new indoors farmers market during winter on State Street, but I have not yet checked it out. Google SLC Indoor Farmers Market for more information.

Good Earth has some locations nearby, but the prices are similar to Whole Foods.

I feel your pain. I miss some of the places I shopped in Portland, Oregon. I have managed to cobble together a little network of stores for the things I need, but I really have to search for the best prices.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:40 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,248,136 times
There really are not alot of opptions, Sunflowers is pricy but then again its a lot chepaer then Good Earth (nice store but expensive) I have not been to whole foods mainly because its to far away and I rember how expensive it was. If you can find a place that is cheaper please post it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area