U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2011, 05:53 PM

249 posts, read 613,083 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
My hubby and I are planning to visit the SLC area and were hoping someone could give us some direction/ advice on when is the best time to go and where would be a good place to stay. I see a buch of hotels on expedia but I have no idea were they are in relation to SLC and downtown. We are going to check it out for a possible move in the very near future, we in NJ and well.... it's time to go ! From the little research we have done so far we definately want to see Sandy and the surrounding areas. We are Christian, so a Church of Christ close by (35 min or so ) is a MUST. We also have a 3yr old daughter so we are looking for family oriented areas.
Thanks in advance !
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 10:10 PM

7,855 posts, read 8,388,036 times
The rest of the year should be good weather wise, if that is what you mean by when to come. When we first came here to check it out it was Fall, then mid winter after a big storm and then late summer. Each time it was great and once we moved here we had our first spring which was great and we can't wait for this one to kick in.

Our first time we stayed downtown but found ourselves driving to the mid valley most of the time since that is where we had our eyes on (Sandy, South Jordan, etc.) If you want to have a part vacation downtown is fun.

The next two times we stayed right by the 15 FWY in or near Sandy, that is in the middle of the valley so most of the choices east or west are close by. We stayed at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites and the Country Inn in South Jordan. There are several places right in that area. Most of these areas are very family oriented, I am out in Daybreak which is loaded with families.

There are lots of choices regarding churches, you should have no problem.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:08 AM

19,856 posts, read 62,617,516 times
April and May are usually gorgeous months with all the Spring flowers in bloom.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:57 PM

3,703 posts, read 14,075,716 times
I stayed once at the Salt Lake Plaza Hotel (a former Howard Johnson hotel) Salt Lake City Hotels - Plaza Hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah which is downtown across the street from Temple Square and next to the genealogy library. There is a light rail stop in front of the hotel and it's free to ride around the downtown area (within about a 6 block area). There is also a restaurant/coffee shop in the hotel.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:26 AM

25,832 posts, read 26,679,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkvidal View Post
Hi all,
My hubby and I are planning to visit the SLC area and were hoping someone could give us some direction/ advice on when is the best time to go and where would be a good place to stay. I see a buch of hotels on expedia but I have no idea were they are in relation to SLC and downtown. We are going to check it out for a possible move in the very near future, we in NJ and well.... it's time to go ! From the little research we have done so far we definately want to see Sandy and the surrounding areas. We are Christian, so a Church of Christ close by (35 min or so ) is a MUST. We also have a 3yr old daughter so we are looking for family oriented areas.
Thanks in advance !
Keep in mind that anywhere you stay in the Salt Lake downtown area would be within 30 minutes or so of Sandy and within 30 minutes or less of a Church of Christ. You haven't said what your hotel budget would be, but my personal choice of hotels, if money were no object would be as follows:

1. Grand America
2. Little America, either of the two Marriotts, or the Hotel Monaco
3. Sheraton, any of the several Hilton properties, Red Lion or Radisson
4. Crystal Inn, La Quinta Inn

I'd say the very best times to visit are June and September. July and August are great, as far as I'm concerned, but too hot for some people. May and October are also beautiful, just a little less reliable temperature-wise.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:50 PM

249 posts, read 613,083 times
Thanks everyone for your help !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>