Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 06:31 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,759,259 times

Advertisements

As I recall they pretty much banned smoking in the Bay Area back in the mid 80's so I didn't have to deal with it after that. When we first arrived in 83 they still allowed it and we had to drive a ways from Redwood City to Los Altos to find a non smoking restaurant. From about 85 on they ALL were, which was truly nice. Here in Utah I'm just spoiled. Never even have to think about it. When we traveled on our vacation in Washington State they seem to have gotten that way as well. Never ran into ANY establishment that allowed smoking. It's a wonderful thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 05:06 PM

18 posts, read 35,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyezRule View Post
I was BORN in Barberton. lol As were my kids. My sister married a guy from Barberton. & they make great chicken. I made the drive to Barberton from Akron (the SW side that borders Barberton) all the time. To go to KFC, Rally's (that I miss too) , Kmart, Parasson's, Angie's, Belgrade's, White House, Hopocan Garden, Durbin's Magic Freeze (White House, Hopocan, & Durbin's are owned by relatives of mine. lol) . What I find ironic about it all is, my school's colors are red & black, Barberton, our rival, are purple & white. Hubby's school's (Martins Ferry, Ohio) colors are purple & white, &, their rival, Bellaire's, are red & black. lol Sorry I went back 'home' for a bit. =)

Downtown Philly or DP, is in South Jordan, in the section where the Pie & Cafe Rios are. It's across the 'street' from Cafe Rio. Hubby said they also have a location downtown SLC now too. Not sure where though. =)
To my Buckeye from the Northeast, I am a Buckeye from the Southwest, Cincy!!! I could go for some Skyline Chili, LaRosa's Pizza, and Frisch's Big Boy as well........

Old 07-07-2011, 05:50 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,759,259 times
I used to travel the State of Ohio for business twice a year at least. Knew Cincinnati quite well. I used to stay across the river as it had better rates on hotels I hear ya with the food requests. They've got some good stuff there as well. It seemed to me that Cincinnati, Columbus and Cleveland had the best food places around.....

Old 07-07-2011, 08:59 PM

973 posts, read 2,141,899 times
lol I like Akron & Barberton the best. You just have to try the food. Of course, it's so bad for you, but, that's the best kind.

I forgot about Skyline Chili! Yum! We used to go to Cincy alot for Reds games alot, so, we were down there a few times a year. =)

Old 07-08-2011, 11:47 PM

1,458 posts, read 4,132,564 times
Friendly's

ONLY for the Fribble.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:28 PM

10 posts, read 19,263 times
Default Skyline and Graeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwilson4 View Post
To my Buckeye from the Northeast, I am a Buckeye from the Southwest, Cincy!!! I could go for some Skyline Chili, LaRosa's Pizza, and Frisch's Big Boy as well........
Now you are just making me sad... I'm a Bearcat alumna who really misses the Skyline three-ways and Graeters choc chunk ice cream...

Old 07-15-2011, 07:44 AM

18 posts, read 35,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marion_librarian View Post
Now you are just making me sad... I'm a Bearcat alumna who really misses the Skyline three-ways and Graeters choc chunk ice cream...
Bearcat! Huh! Ok how about Akropolis on Calhoun, White Castle by the I75 Hopple Exit, and BW3's on short vine (of course now it is on Calhoun next to Five Guys!!!! Also a fav). My wife is a Bearcat, DAAP grad. Nice to meet you.

Old 07-29-2011, 01:38 PM

10 posts, read 19,263 times
Default SLC needs Sudsy Malone's, ala Cinti., OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwilson4 View Post
Bearcat! Huh! Ok how about Akropolis on Calhoun, White Castle by the I75 Hopple Exit, and BW3's on short vine (of course now it is on Calhoun next to Five Guys!!!! Also a fav). My wife is a Bearcat, DAAP grad. Nice to meet you.
Shut the front door! I'm a DAAP grad, too!

I'm foggy on Akropolis, but do remember hitting that Chateau Blanc near I75. And the BW3's? Well that's where I cut my spice-teeth. I graduated from tabasco-hot to wasabi-hot there. Good times. What?! There's a Five Guys near UC now? At least SLC has that in Btfl.

SLC could use a place like Sudsy Malone's - part-laundromat, part bar/music venue. I wonder if they're still around. I think Sudsy's was on Vine, but that was a couple of decades ago...

I do love Brewvie's here. That should be in every college town market.

Here's a bear-hug for a fellow Bearcat family!

Old 07-29-2011, 03:36 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,517 times
cuban sandwhiches.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:38 PM

1,294 posts, read 3,254,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
cuban sandwhiches.
That reminds me, where is a good place to get Bourbon Chicken, besides greasy faux Chinese restaurants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area