Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 11:34 AM

10 posts, read 19,263 times

Advertisements

I would love to have some New York-style bagels to buy somewhere close by. I'm sorry, but Einsteins & Costco bagels are not even close. Bagels should not be squishable like cheap white bread! I really miss great little wine shops, too. Darn those outmoded Utah liquor laws!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 11:38 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,760,104 times
Like I said in an earlier post Marian, a nice Kosher Deli might take care of the bagel dilemma. Most Utahn's have NO clue what a REAL bagel is like. let along a good kosher corned beef or pastrami on rye would be like. Believe me Jason's Deli nor any of these other wanna be's will do. Once you've had the REAL thing it's all downhill from there.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:42 AM

2,502 posts, read 6,973,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Once you've had the REAL thing it's all downhill from there.
This applies for cheesesteaks and hoagies, too. Just nothing like the real thing. I have tried all these places that claim to have cheesesteaks and hoagies like they do in Philly...not so much. Some are ok in their own right, but none of them are even close to being the same.

Thank goodness we can now order online the food we like, where we like it from, living where we want to live. Technology is a wonderful thing sometimes!

Old 06-29-2011, 12:39 PM

1,294 posts, read 3,254,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Or how about a recreation of a midevil castle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
The mid-evil castle idea is awesome! I would TOTALLY go for that!
So where do they have these in other places of the US? I mean besides Medival Times Orlando?

Old 06-29-2011, 12:41 PM

1,294 posts, read 3,254,386 times
Quote:
This applies for cheesesteaks and hoagies, too. Just nothing like the real thing. I have tried all these places that claim to have cheesesteaks and hoagies like they do in Philly...not so much. Some are ok in their own right, but none of them are even close to being the same.

Thank goodness we can now order online the food we like, where we like it from, living where we want to live. Technology is a wonderful thing sometimes!
I've been really impressed by Moochies. I even went back home and had a few cheesesteaks in Philly last year and I thought Moochies was equivalent. Everywhere else though in Utah so far, with their proto-cheesesteaks, just stink.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:52 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,973,917 times
We have had Moochies and it does come the closest of any place we have tried out here...and we have tried them all.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:48 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2007 View Post
So where do they have these in other places of the US? I mean besides Medival Times Orlando?
Castles of the United States

There are lots of them, actually...

Old 06-29-2011, 09:19 PM

973 posts, read 2,142,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Looks like for the most part everybody's hungry for foods we don't have here. Does that mean Salt Lake City has it all -- all except good food?
Yep, that about sums it up for me. Only other things I can think of are a good amusement park, like Cedar Point & an awesome indoor waterpark, like Kalahari. =) But, I'll take my quality of life here over the parks & food.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
We have three beaches at the Daybreak Lake!

That would be nice but I doubt I would enjoy it long, those burgers don't look good for a guy with a heart condition.

Too bad you can't swim at them. My friends went there to swim & I don't know if they were told, or there were signs. But, they couldn't swim. =(

Culver's has grilled chicken that is really good. But, no, the burger is not a good idea, but it is so good! My fav burger in SLC!

Old 06-29-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
We have had Moochies and it does come the closest of any place we have tried out here...and we have tried them all.
Have you all tried Downtown Philly? Hubby & his friend, who has family in Philly, like it better than Moochies.

Speaking of food from other places, I'd like a Chicago dipped roast beef place (heaven!) & sandwiches like Primanti Bros back in Pittsburgh. Bread, vinegar slaw, fries, chesse & meat. Yummy! Of course, I miss Barberton, Ohio chicken too. Swenson's burger from Akron, best burgers ever! & potato teasers w/ ranch.

Oh, & Hungry Howie's pizza. I love their flavored crust! =) You could get any of the flavors on garlic bread too (I got onion flavor insead of garlic) . Cheap & good!

I'm sure I'll post when I think of something else. =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area