Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 07:48 PM

4 posts, read 4,765 times

Advertisements

We're transplanting to the area from the Memphis, TN metro area IMMEDIATELY. Yikes! My husband has already started his job on the north side of Provo (Center St., on the west side), so I am starting to frantically search the internet for houses/condos to rent for the first year or so (until we figure out the lay of the land). If you Utahns out there could give a girl some advice, I'd appreciate it! Here's my info:
1. Non LDS, but don't mind hanging out with anybody of any religion. Need to find a decent-size church of some other Protestant denomination (not choosy on this).
2. We're 30-somethings with kids ages 7 & 18mos. so we need to factor in the school situation.
3. Ideally my hubby wouldn't have much of a commute (maybe up to 30 minutes in the worst weather). The closer, the better.
4. Would like a nice, newer townhouse/condo in a planned community with a pool, common areas, no yardwork.
5. I like smalltown squares, quaint shops, farmers' markets, etc. --- smalltown feel with plenty of amenities (I don't ask for much, right?!).

Any suggestions for communities where we could look? I've looked on ksl.com and craigslist.com, and Lindon/Pleasant Grove/Cedar Something? look promising, but my husband says there are definitely subdivision borders that we need to consider (I guess he's talking about planned communities vs. older construction in these areas). I'd like to know some actual subdivision/development names so that I can look at their websites (if they have one).
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area