U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2006, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,615 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am a single woman moving to the Salt lake City area. I would like to buy a home or condo and would appreciate any input about life and real estate Utah. I prefer a house with a little space for my dogs. I am seeking a safe area that offers a social environment for singles. I did not find the urban sprawl in the valley appealing and wondered about living in the City.. I crave a country setting but I am worried about isolating myself.. I am not a LDS..

Last edited by Kathyrn Werner; 03-23-2006 at 10:20 AM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2006, 07:59 PM

5 posts, read 22,939 times
I'm moving there from Arizona. I have found what I consider the ideal housing area that will have the greatest "community" feel and will appreciate in value at a great rate. Be certain to visit "Day Break" at 114th South and Bangeter Hwy. Even if you don't buy there, you'll want to visit so you have full appreciation as to what is available. This is a community like no other that I have found anywhere in the country. You'll feel accepted whether LDS or not.

Old 04-01-2006, 04:01 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,509,903 times
We checked out daybreak. It has a lot going for it amenity-wise. However, we felt like the lots were too small and our neighbors would be too close. Also, they just doubled their HOA fees. We opted for a place with no HOA fee and a place with a shorter commute to downtown (Daybreak is at least 45 minutes).

Old 04-02-2006, 09:27 PM

2 posts, read 5,775 times
Default Hi...

I am in your situation too...looking to move, single female, two cats and want a less urban/big city type area...my friend lives in Orem, UT and he loves it, it's small...you should check it out...it's also called or near Provo---I had a hard time finding Orem on the map..it's also near American Fork. Anyway, good luck to you! I am also looking for a condo to buy and did not find too much in that type of housing==let me know what u come up with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyrn Werner
Hello,
I am a single woman moving to the Salt lake City area. I would like to buy a home or condo and would appreciate any input about life and real estate Utah. I prefer a house with a little space for my dogs. I am seeking a safe area that offers a social environment for singles. I did not find the urban sprawl in the valley appealing and wondered about living in the City.. I crave a country setting but I am worried about isolating myself.. I am not a LDS..

Old 05-14-2006, 07:37 PM

8 posts, read 51,935 times
I would recommend Daybreak as well.

Old 05-16-2006, 08:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,611 times
Smile Hello

Hello!

I grew up in SLC and I am not LDS. If you are moving here from another state I would suggest either moving to Sugarhouse or Suncrest. Each have great appeal as well as offer a diverse community. I would not suggest Daybreak as a place to move to if you are single and new to the area; honestly, it will not provide you the single social environment you seek.

MOD cut

T

Last edited by Yac; 05-16-2006 at 09:29 AM..

Old 07-03-2008, 12:47 PM

21 posts, read 76,267 times
My fiance and I just moved to Daybreak and commute to downtown salt lake. It only takes us 30-35 minutes.. and we hit majority of the lights on bangerter, so it doesn't take that long, but I might not suggest it for someone looking for a single social atmosphere. It does have a lot of groups/clubs through the community center though if you are still interested. I agree with the sugarhouse suggestion. It's artsy and has a good social atmosphere.. great for someone looking for the downtown without ALL that downtown offers.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:47 PM

515 posts, read 2,260,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jleigh View Post
I am in your situation too...looking to move, single female, two cats and want a less urban/big city type area...my friend lives in Orem, UT and he loves it, it's small...you should check it out...it's also called or near Provo---I had a hard time finding Orem on the map..it's also near American Fork. Anyway, good luck to you! I am also looking for a condo to buy and did not find too much in that type of housing==let me know what u come up with!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyrn Werner View Post
Hello,
Wow, there seem to be a lot of us single, childless females with pets moving to SLC! I'll throw in another vote for living in SLC itself, Sugarhouse & Avenues area. You won't even know you are in "the city" in these areas, it's houses & trees. There are more condos in the downtown, though. In the suburbs you are going to find more families with kids, less of a singles scene, and more LDS influence (meaning more conservative).

Old 08-06-2008, 03:45 PM

17 posts, read 85,687 times
Single... I would definately recommend staying near the city. There are tons of condos from downtown to Sugarhouse that you can look into. If you get out of the city and go west it is cheaper, but you also have some seedy areas. Also if you go to Davis County, Utah county or the Southern end of Salt Lake County you'll be the wierd single lady in the neighborhood because it's all BABIES and FAMILIES. Serious.

Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area