U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2007, 08:24 PM

17 posts, read 59,989 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! My husband and I are planning on moving to the roy/clearfield/layton area. I currently have a membership to 24 hour fitness. However, 24 hour fitness only exist in Salt Lake. So, are there any good gyms (could be big chains or family run) near layton/ogden? If so, are they fairly reasonable prices? Are most gyms closed on Sundays? Thank you so much for any responses!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 11:19 PM

16 posts, read 68,273 times
I am not 100% sure, but Golds Gym might have a location where you are moving to. I just joined, and it seemed like they have a ton of lactions w/in the state.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:02 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,278,463 times
There is a Golds Gym in Layton (brand new) and one in Roy. There is a gym called Performax Gym in Clearfield. Then there is a Lady Fitness in Layton.

There is a new place on Hillfield Rd. in Layton, but I think it is a personal trainer type gym(?). Not sure what it is called or if I'm right on that one.

I'm not sure on pricing or days that they are open/closed.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:39 PM

17 posts, read 59,989 times
Thanks! I will definitely look into Golds. I noticed on their website that they're closed on Sundays though. I guess I will have to get used to that! I'm in Vegas right now where everything is open all the time!

Old 12-14-2007, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 4,400 times
Default layton gym

There is a great gym in Clearfield called Performax. They recently changed management and are doing much better than before. They are open on Sundays from 8 am- 4pm. I think they're much better than gold's because they have a sauna, juice bar, tanning, and newer equipment than the gold's in that area. Plus they have really great personal trainers, I love going there!

Old 12-14-2007, 04:18 PM

111 posts, read 582,399 times
My Gold's gym in Bountiful is open on Sundays. It may be location specific.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:59 AM

11 posts, read 41,383 times
I know this thread is about gyms, but I was wondering is SLC a big fitness city? I am interested in swimming, triathlons, running, etc.? Of course, I know about the hiking and such... Any additional information about that outdoor fitness community and/or masters swimming, running clubs, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-17-2007, 06:48 PM

111 posts, read 582,399 times
I'm pretty amazed at how fitness-minded Utahns are...at least here in Bountiful and I'm sure in Salt Lake. I thought Southern California was supposed to be the fitness capital of the world - but I now believe Utah surpasses it...I see more runners, cyclists, and just more athletes in general out and about and my gym is ALWAYS crowded - at all hours of the day!

Old 12-18-2007, 07:57 PM

119 posts, read 797,155 times
Default gym

I live in Layton and they're opening up a SNAP fitness soon. It's 24 hour and goes month by month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area