Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 05:06 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,755,670 times

Advertisements

I had my first chance to check out the new road they opened a leg of known as the Mountain View Corridor (Hwy 85) It will run from Lehi to I-80 eventually. For now the leg from the far reaches of Rosecrest in Herriman to 12600 South has been opened. Since they were tearing up 13400 South it has been a nightmare. The drive this morning however was a dream come true. Nearly ALL highway out to Bangerter where I head to work. Coming home was even more of a dream. I took 12600 South and took a left onto this new road all the way to the exit past 13400 S. where I live. Not one stop for a traffic jam, not one road rage incident. Finally these engineers got something RIGHT! Let's hope it all continues. This has transformed my commute and makes life far easier to deal with I heard they plan to open up from Lehi all the way to about 5600 South by years end. Any option is better than Bangoiter if I do say so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 10:12 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
So did you change your mind on Herriman now? heh heh

Old 06-10-2012, 10:21 AM

not the people, but the ease of getting to work has at least eased up a tad. I just noticed Friday a few more seem to have become aware of the road, so they are already screwing things up. One guy at the intersection of 13400 South and this new road was going the wrong direction at the light. Scary. Can't wait for head on from someone ignoring the signs it's a ONE WAY. Just a matter of time I suppose.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:33 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,848,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
so they are already screwing things up. Scary. Can't wait for head on from someone ignoring the signs it's a ONE WAY. Just a matter of time I suppose.
53rd south between Redwood and Bangerter, they are changing it into a flexi lane section.

All I can say is when they finally start it, I am NOT going to drive there for at least three weeks or more ...

Old 06-15-2012, 01:48 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,237,087 times
anyone have a map of what were talking about here??????

Old 06-17-2012, 11:29 PM

973 posts, read 2,141,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
not the people, but the ease of getting to work has at least eased up a tad. I just noticed Friday a few more seem to have become aware of the road, so they are already screwing things up. One guy at the intersection of 13400 South and this new road was going the wrong direction at the light. Scary. Can't wait for head on from someone ignoring the signs it's a ONE WAY. Just a matter of time I suppose.
So doesn't surprise me. I'm way west too, the highway is east of us, basically it will run (for us) from our neighborhood, to hubby's work. Can't wait for it to reach 201 (okay, hubby can't for his work. ) . I was thinking how nice that would be between 13400s and 12600s. It's a parking lot going south at 5pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
53rd south between Redwood and Bangerter, they are changing it into a flexi lane section.

All I can say is when they finally start it, I am NOT going to drive there for at least three weeks or more ...
Many major cities have and use the arrow streets with ease. But, I'm with you, I won't drive it either, mostly for the other drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
anyone have a map of what were talking about here??????
http://www.udot.utah.gov/mountainview/
it's paved north of 7800s (not sure how far though) .

Old 06-18-2012, 07:04 AM

I hear ya Buckeyes. My work is between 90th S. and 7800 S. about 4800 W. So if this road can get me a more direct route than Bangoiter I'm all for it. I agree at times Bangoiter is just that a real pain. I see slowly but surely they are converting Bangoiter into a semi I-15 design which is what it should have been from the start (and that is from the mouth of a engineer I spoke to that designed it). Eventually there will be 6 uninterrupted lanes in between the 4 that will begin with regarding the Mtn. View Corridor. and will go to 201. That will be something...

Old 06-18-2012, 12:44 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,237,087 times
wow, I felt that was needed when i lived there almost 3 years ago. Bangerter was a mess during traffic time, Im sure its only gotten worse.

Im by the time I win the lotto down here and build my new house up there this road will be ready

Old 08-09-2012, 01:29 PM

1,294 posts, read 3,252,913 times
FYI those roads actually aren't the Mountain View Corridor, thats just the frontage road for the future Mtn View Corridor highway. See that gigantic open space between you and the traffic going the opposite direction? Thats the completely unfunded, unplanned actual highway they will build, someday. Still its better than it used to be. I wonder what it will look like when they take it south to Bluffdale/Camp Williams. You can see where the road connects when you drive south on Redwood.

Enjoy!

Old 08-09-2012, 07:13 PM

I was at University Hospital today visiting a friend with my wife. We left there just before 4pm. First let me say I do NOT typically drive on the larger Salt Lake City area roads in general. This ride home to Herriman was to ME a nightmare. Stop and go (mostly stop) for about a half hour on Foothill just to get to I-215, then heard there were crack ups galore near the I-215 and I-15 interchange as well as near Redwood Rd. So bailed off I-215 and took 4500 S. across thinking I'd have an easier ride. I did till around where I-215 comes across. Then it was mostly stopped traffic. All the way to Bangoiter. On Bangoiter it was more backed up than a donut eating contest winner. Didn't even move at all till nearly 7800 S. Finally got going and I hopped off at 12600 S. to catch the new Mountain View Corridor. At THAT hour it seems all bets are OFF. The serenity I'm used to at the hours I commute are not there. It is the car behind you wanting to mate with your rear bumper regardless of the fact you're going 5 over the posted limit (and cops DO give tickets on that road as I saw a guy get nailed just the other day). So now I will do everything possible to NOT be on the major roads at the hours it seems most are. I just do NOT have the patience to deal with that that is for sure. It only further reinforced my opinion of the typical Utah drivers. They SUCK!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area