Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 01:37 PM

255 posts, read 624,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgal2013 View Post
@atxzj If you moved in 2005, you wouldn't recognize Austin now! It is pretty darn crowded so much traffic and people, its quite claustrophobic I think I remember the sugarhouse area when I passed thru SLC on one of my many road trips but that was a few years back now. It seemed nice. Do you know what it is like further south near holladay or draper? I don't mind suburbs just want to be central and at least close enough to progressive areas. I don't mind winter, miss it.

Thanks for your reply too, appreciated!

We are relocating to austin in two months and I'm concerned about how much it has changed. Change is obviously inevitable, particularly in a city growing as fast as austin but the culture and soul of the city was enough to overlook the lack of scenery and terrible weather, and that it is in texas. I still remember going to atx in the early 90s to see concerts and chase women. Good times

Came down to Portland or Austin and my wife won out. I digress.

SLC. We did a houshunting trip and all of my coworkers were buying homes in west jordan, south jordan, draper and saratoga springs. We ended up moving to a home in the yalecrest neighborhood and loved it. We were in walking distance to markets, diners, restaurants else we needed. COMPLETELY SPOILED. 9th & 9th, Avenues, Sugarhouse, 15th & 15th are great places to start looking. IMHO, anything in a township will essentially be a burb and generally dull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 02:40 PM

4 posts, read 6,332 times
I'm a progressive, native Texan moving to the SLC area- I grew up in Waco, went to college/grad school in Austin/Denton, spent a few years in DFW, and now live near Abilene (Yuck. It is for my husband's job. But still.)

We're really looking forward to the move. In the very least, there will be four real seasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area